OMICRON CANADA INC.
Omicron is one of the largest integrated development services, design and construction firms in Western Canada, combining the expertise of 200 architects, interior designers, engineers, building assessment experts, real estate development strategists, cost estimators, project managers, construction personnel and corporate support professionals. We provide integrated solutions for clients in the Retail, Institutional, Renewals, Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Oil and Gas sectors from offices in Vancouver, Victoria and Calgary.
Omicron continues to be a proud member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program after re-qualifying with the program since 2009. We have a distinctly entrepreneurial culture and are committed to delivering on our promise of creating a better experience for our clients, people and stakeholders each and every day.
The Site Superintendent manages all on-site activities, ensuring project construction is executed in a safe, timely and efficient manner while maintaining quality assurance and integrity of design. The Site Superintendent works closely with the Construction Manager (CM) and participates as part of the project team.
- Meet or beat the project milestones and schedule
- Works with the CM to develop the master project schedule
- Develops and presents “Look Ahead” schedule at Weekly Trade Meetings
- Develop action plans in the event of schedule slippage
- Achieve the project budget and meet or exceed target net margin
- Manages General Conditions and tracks the budget regularly
- Implement and enforce the requirements of Omicron’s Health and Safety Program
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly job site
- While on site, ensures the client abides by Omicron’s Health & Safety Program requirements without exception
Project Administration and Close-out
- Works with the CM to prepare summary scopes of work
- Responsible for site set up – prepares site set up plan, completes Project Start-up checklist and confirms that the Building Permit is in place
- Prepares daily reports "daily" and follows up with the team on action items
- Ensures IFC Drawings and latest control documents are on site and kept up to date
- Reviews the accuracy of shop drawings, change orders, CCNs, SI’s and RFI’s and comments as required
- Prepares Site Purchase Order Requests
- Ensures the Project Site Binder and related documents are kept neat and organized
- Ensures Omicron's Project Closeout Checklist is completed and deficiency list items are completed within the 30-day project closeout limit
- 8+ years of experience with a design-builder or general contractor
- Has worked in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Has experience in site management, estimating and construction administration
- Possesses a Trade Qualification Certificate, or diploma or degree in Engineering, Construction or Project Management
- Gold Seal Intern or Gold Seal Certified
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Project and MS Excel
- Competent in Estimating and Take-off, MS Project to track, plan and coordinate the project
- Knowledge of Provincial Building Codes, Building envelope, Timberline and contract law
- Excellent conflict resolution, critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and proactively develop appropriate means and methods to meet and overcome challenges
- Able to plan ahead and prioritize tasks in order to meet commitments
- Knowledgeable about design and construction processes; respects and follows processes
Please visit www.omicronaec.com/current_positions for further details.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint and enhance the effectiveness of our applicant tracking process, we encourage applicants to submit their resume via our online application (www.omicronaec.com/current_positions) or to [email protected]. Thank you for your co-operation.
Posted: September 21, 2017
Closes:November 20, 2017