Site Superintendent, Full-Time Temporary (Kelowna)
Executive Flight Centre Developments (“EFC Developments) offers a full spectrum of general contractor, property development, facility maintenance and property leasing services. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta and British Columbia, our services include initial facility design, consultation, construction through to leasing, and more. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service.
EFC Developments is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, while upholding the principles of employment equity. Your participation in this important process is greatly appreciated. We encourage applicants to self‐identify as a member of one or more of the employment equity designated groups – Women, Aboriginal peoples, Persons with Disabilities and/or Members of Visible Minorities. The information collected will be used solely to carry out our obligations under the federal Employment Equity Act.
EFC Developments is seeking an experienced Site Superintendent to support our operations in Kelowna with completion of 2 projects. The anticipated and date is December 2023 or upon project completion.
The position of the Site Superintendent, requires an experienced, motivated, and disciplined individual responsible for the supervision of all construction activities, subcontractors, and crew on a work site, ensuring specifications, schedule, safety requirements and budget are met.
- Manage work on site and collaborate with the project team to ensure project(s) are built according to the approved plans, specifications, drawings, and applicable building codes.
- Ensure high standards of workmanship, safety and efficiency.
- Manage and promote the overall site safety program as required, including subcontractor compliance with standards, Project Specific Safety Plan (PSSP) and all applicable Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) acts, regulations and codes.
- Manage all project site administration activities including procurement, progress reports and safety reporting.
- Ensure high quality standards are maintained in compliance with the Project Quality Program (PQP).
- Develop, maintain and drive the construction schedule; ensure project milestones and completion dates are met.
- Attend project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project(s) ongoing progression.
- Coordinate the daily activities of construction trades and subcontractors and use corrective actions to keep the project on time and on budget.
- Self-perform work when necessary.
- Assess and assist in risk management.
- Assist in the resolution of design issues, change requests, material defects and equipment problems.
- Maintain a tidy and orderly work area exhibiting pride in work performance and contributing to a healthy and safe work environment.
- Ensure exceptional, courteous and respectful customer service.
- Lead, comply with and participate in the Company’s Health & Safety and Quality programs and initiatives.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Construction related degree/diploma and/or carpenter trade certification/education required.
- Gold Seal and/or LEED certification or accreditation is preferred.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience as a Superintendent on small to medium commercial construction projects.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience as a Superintendent on multi-family construction projects.
- Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Clean 5 year Driver’s Abstract.
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality and consistently.
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time and within the budget.
- Skilled at promoting teamwork and managing multiple resources (people, trades, material, equipment).
- First Aid, CPR and construction safety training certification an asset.
- Proficient with MS Office, MS Project, CADD, SharePoint and Adobe.
- Able to work collaboratively as a productive member of the EFC Team.
- Clear criminal background check will be required.
What EFC Developments can offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits for Full Time Employees with minimal premiums.
- Group Retirement Plan including Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan (DPSP) and a Group RRSP for Full Time Employees.
- A discretionary bonus program based on over all company performance.
- An incredible work environment focused on hard work, fun and celebrating our successes.
- Use of company vehicle.
- Career advancement opportunities in a variety of industries through the EFC Group of companies which include Aviation, Cargo, Operations, Construction, Facility Maintenance, Leasing, Administration, Heavy Duty Mechanic, Sales, Accounting, Human Resources, Safety, Training.
Please visit our web site at http://www.efcdev.ca for a complete description of our company and to view other career opportunities within EFC Developments. Please include your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
Third party contractor applications welcome. Please complete application and indicate “Applying as 3rd party contractor”.
No Recruitment Agencies Please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Executive Flight Centre Developments however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Construction, Mining and Trades