IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to join our client in Victoria, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Develop, maintain and integrate…
- Advanced proactive monitoring systems
- Administrative tools and utilities to manage production systems
- Infrastructure’s CI/CD pipeline
- Auto-healing infrastructure in highly-available web application
- IaC codebase
- Identify and eliminate high TOIL tasks
- Remotely support worldwide physical and virtual/cloud datacenters and platforms
- Participate in the enhancement of our incident, problem and capacity management solutions
- Contribute to and maintain infrastructure standards
- Install/rebuild servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Configure, validate and administer server and system backups
- Provide tier II & III support per requests from various groups
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues
- Maintain and tune OS to platform
- Manually deploy while automated CI/CD is developed
- Identify/isolate problems with deployed applications for clear bug reports to engineering squads
- Build and maintain documentation as required
- Participate in blameless post-incident reviews and security game days
- Build/perform security scanning, load testing and infrastructure test automation
Top Skills Required
- Strong automation skillset
- Understandings of SLOs, SLIs and Error Budgets
- Terraform and git skills with solid understanding of terraform modules
- Ability to provide proactive analysis of metrics and performance information
- Understanding of networking and containerization concepts (Docker, ECS, ECR)
- Scripting experience in both Windows and Linux (specific language irrelevant)
- Experience with on-premise hardware technologies such as Cisco, Pure and VMWare
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins and Amazon Web Services
- Experience with modern CI/CD models (Jenkins, etc), familiarity with ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kabana)
- Strong architecture/documentation skills
- Solid understanding of datacenter software and hardware configurations
- Polished written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent deductive reasoning skills
- Process and detail oriented
- Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.