6-month contract Site Reliability Engineer role with a global organization located in downtown Vancouver.
- 6-month contract SRE role
- Global enterprise organization located in downtown Vancouver
- Large scale projects focused on automation slated over the next two years
What & Why:
As a result of investment in technology and a focus on automation, our client is looking to add a Site Reliability Engineer to their growing team. You will work closely with system owners to develop tooling and automation, perform load testing, and assess the health of the services. You have experience operating within an Amazon Web Services environment and will use this knowledge to improve the performance and reliability of the network. Asset creation whether it be documentation of processes and new learnings, writing white papers and sharing with your peers, team and upper management is something they value. You should challenge yourself continuously to innovate, publish the improvements to all the stakeholders, and depict the improvements using data points.
Our client is a global retail leader and a true Vancouver success story. They are known for their work life balance and encouragement of a healthy lifestyle. 2018 was one of their most successful years in their 20-year history which has led to them embarking on a number of large scale global growth initiatives for 2019. They are located close to rapid transit downtown.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- 3 or more years’ experience in a Testing Engineer role
- Load and Performance Testing
- Amazon Web Services environment administration
- Front-end scripting with HTML5, node.js
- Understanding of web technologies (HTTP, SSL, Headers, Cookies, TCP, caching).
- Scripting with JMeter, Artillery and Gatling, or similar languages.
- Analyzing test results and creating recommendations reports
- Following agile sprint development cycles using JIRA/Confluence or similar platform
- Knowledge of RESTful and SOAP web services
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related experience.
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.