As one of BC's largest security organization, Commissionaires BC provides comprehensive security solutions that integrate highly trained people and technology. We are looking for individuals with excellent communication skills and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude to provide superior customer service, security and protection for our client sites.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday 0700 to 1500 hours (full-time)
We are currently looking for a full-time Security Officer to work as the Site Lead for a commercial office tower in downtown Vancouver.
- Ensuring schedules are completed and overseeing employees’ performance and training
- Ensuring the safety and security of people and property
- Issuing ID badges & access cards
- Providing access control and monitoring CCTV cameras
- Conducting bike patrols
- Escorting contractors and tenants as needed to secure office spaces
- Locking and unlocking the building
- Removing unwanted patrons
- Liaising with emergency services and client in emergency situations
- Providing information and answering questions when approached by the public or tenants
- Answering incoming telephone calls, redirecting callers/forwarding messages to the appropriate person/office for information and action
- Responding to routine departmental public inquiries
- Updating regional telephone and departmental contact spreadsheets
- Maintaining boardroom booking procedures and schedules for the meeting and training rooms (including equipment)
- General Administrative duties such including creating and/or editing various correspondence using Word and Excel, sending email, and using other programs
- Being a member of the Building Emergency Team for all emergency events such as alarms, fire, biohazard, bomb threats, reception protocol and emergency medical procedures
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- A valid BC Security License and Public Works Clearance
- Fluent English (written, verbal and reading)
- Excellent computer skills and experience managing internal database and emails
- Intermediate level office equipment and software use, including but not limited to: photocopier and fax machines, Outlook 2010, Excel, Word, WinPac Pro
- Positive attitude with professional demeanor and strong interpersonal/customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail and incident report writing
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and professional manner
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions in varying situations
- Physically fit and able to stand/walk for long periods, complete bike patrol and easily go up and down stairs
If you enjoy working with a team of committed professionals please submit your resume via our website http://commissionaires.bc.ca/ and completing our online application form:
In accordance with our mandate, applicants with service in the Canadian Forces or RCMP will be given preference, however, all qualified applicants will be considered.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.