We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What you'll be doing
At Simplii, we provide a fresh approach to banking, one that isn't complicated, offers easy ways to manage money, and helps customers reach their financial goals. Wherever and whenever our clients need to access their accounts, using their computer, mobile, or any CIBC ATM means their money is always where they are. As we grow our Mortgage Specialist advice team, we are seeking proven sales professionals to join our purpose driven and high performing team.
As a member of the Simplii Financial Mortgage team, you will be responsible for developing your pipeline of new and established clients. Developing relationships with internal and external partners to build a pipeline of new mortgage business will be a key aspect to your success to drive business results. To support clients with their financial ambitions, you will be required to understand their needs, advise on appropriate mortgage products and to work with stakeholders to ensure each deal is closed successfully. How you'll succeed
Who you are
- Business Development - Strong understanding of your local market and potential client base, with a goal of growing the Simplii mortgage book by bringing in new business. Developing a sales strategy that will convert leads into new Simplii Financial clients, while establishing yourself within your community to encourage referrals from local businesses and realtors
- Relationship Building - In this role you'll be answering questions and queries from clients and advising of the conditional approval terms of their mortgage. You'll get the opportunity to assess Simplii client mortgage and complementary product needs, such as Creditor Life Insurance and secured lines of credit, while negotiating rates and promotions with clients
- Subject Matter Expertise - You'll be able to exercise mortgage sales and service knowledge while structuring complex mortgage applications with varying levels of requirements. You'll also get to work closely with underwriters to ensure mortgage conditions are met. Mortgage underwriting experience and/or lending experience will help you to thrive in this role
- Community Involvement - Heighten Simplii brand awareness in your community by attending local events and participating in marketing and outreach activities. Grow your network to create lasting connections that will generate future opportunities
What CIBC offers
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You're goal oriented. You're motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make a difference.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You connect with others through respect and authenticity.
- Your influence makes a difference. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by sharing your expertise.
- You're digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You're motivated by collective success. You know that teamwork can transform a good idea into a great one. You know that an inclusive team that enjoys working together can bring a vision to life.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
What you need to know
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive base salary, commission, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Vancouver-1380 Burrard 5th flr Employment Type