Shopping Centre Security Officer
Reference ID: 328826
Why Work With Us?
- Paladin Security was established in 1976 and from our modest beginnings of four employees and one contract, we have grown into one of the largest security companies in Canada with 25 offices from coast to coast and over 10,000 employees. Our continued growth means better opportunities and job security for you!
- We have been selected as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 6 years in a row. The support our staff receive from management is unparalleled in the industry and beyond.
- We have also been selected as one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one the 25 Best Places to Work in Canada based on employee reviews. We take care of our staff, and for this reason our company culture and employee engagement is award-winning.
- We invest in our employees with extensive company paid training, rewards and recognition, employee perks and discounts and a a comprehensive benefits package that includes extended health, dental and life insurance coverage.
- We promote from within, which means that many of our managers started as security officers and can better relate to their employees, and it means that there are unlimited career growth opportunities for you within the organization.
Job Skills / Requirements
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
- Provide exceptional customer service and respond to inquiries from the public
- Perform regular foot patrols of property, prevent unauthorized entry and politely direct disruptive individuals to leave the premises
- Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, hazards, and emergency situations
- Write clear and concise reports including daily activity reports, incident and liability reports
- Utilize two way radios, CCTV camera systems and computer applications to communicate site activities
- Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services
- Valid BC Security License
- Previous security experience, especially in a retail setting, is considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, professional demeanour and deportment
- Ability to solve problems, make decisions and respond to emergencies while working independently
- Discretion when handling confidential and private information
- Physical ability to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to pass a security clearance
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certification Requirements (All)
Valid Security Licence
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check, Credit Check
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Full-Time position 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Posted: December 8, 2018
Closes: February 6, 2019