Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. Global success is achieved through a consistent on time delivery of the right product in all faucets of the business. As a means of diversifying and managing the flow of timber to the various operations located in the interior of the province, re-introduction of the custom built, 360’ long, log transporter will be used to move timber ten months a year from various locations on Williston Lake to the docking station located near Mackenzie, B.C.
A Ships Master is a direct representative of the Owners and will protect their interests and conduct them-selves in a professional manner. Reporting to the Log Transportation and Infrastructure Superintendent, the Master of the M.V. Williston Transporter is responsible for the following duties:
- Navigate and operate the vessel in a manner that ensures the safety of the crew, boat, and cargo, in accordance with all applicable Acts, Regulations, and established Policies and Procedures;
- Oversee the loading and off-loading of the boat ensuring operations are completed in a safe and timely manner, including refueling procedures;
- Oversee Safety Meetings, orientations, and training;
- Conduct and participate in emergency response drills (fire, man over-board, etc.);
- Ensure maintenance of the vessel and mobile equipment is carried out;
- Actively participate and implement the Occupational Health & Safety program.
- Accountable for timely delivery of logs;
- Manage crew work schedules;
- Maintenance of various data logs;
- Ensures boat is fully functional and operational for shift change.
Schedule of operations is 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off operating 10 months of year with anticipated non-operating months occurring in April-May.
Candidates must posses at minimum a "Master, Limited for a Vessel of 60 Gross Tonnage or More", a valid Marine Medical Certificate, and all appropriate MED certificates.Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!Mackenzie, BC
"The sky’s the limit" is the district’s tagline, and it couldn’t be more fitting. Mackenzie is home to the world’s seventh largest reservoir, Williston Lake, and the World’s Largest Tree Crusher. Once you’re in Mackenzie, you’ll want to go hiking at Morfee Mountain- once you’re at the top, you’ll witness the most incredible scenery that highlights the beauty of BC.
For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/mackenzie-bc