24183 Position Type:
Prince George, BC, Canada Location:
Canfor's strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
You're a critical thinker
who analyzes problems using data and logic. You enjoy the challenge of doing research and can communicate confidently
You have the innate ability to deal with ambiguous situations
and can appropriately navigate risk and uncertainty. If something doesn't line up, you'll try a "different angle". As a proven problem solver
, you seek and solve issues to achieve business objectives. You are capable of identifying complex technical concerns
to determine root cause
and implement viable engineering solutions
As a Shift Engineer in this key position
, you will report to the Manager, of Steam and Recovery and be responsible for some or all of the following areas (depending on which facility you are assigned to): the operation of recovery and power boilers
, turbo generators, recaust and kilns, and primary water treatment and effluent plants
. You will also be required to supervise an operating crew on 12-hour shifts
. A day in the life of a Shift Engineer includes:
For this role, you'll come equipped with:
- Applying well-developed organizational abilities, strong initiative and a team-oriented approach
- Engaging all employees to provide valuable input into work processes and systems
- Working closely with management and other department supervisors to develop and achieve targets in safety, quality, and cost; ensure standards are met and understood
- Maintain the highest standards with respect to safety at all times, leading by example and ensuring the team follows all policies, procedures, practices and Occupational Health & Safety regulations
- Coach, train and support team members to maximize performance
- Foster a culture of open communication with employees in all departments and at all levels
- Ensure the timely implementation of key Corporate and operational initiatives
- Fosters a culture of knowledge sharing with other personnel
- Essential to our requirements are a BC or Interprovincial 2nd Class Power Engineering Certificate.
- Pulp mill supervisory experience in a unionized environment and a 1st Class Power Engineering certificate would be definite assets; however, applicants with an appropriate operating background, strong interpersonal skills and leadership abilities will be considered.
- Applicants with a 3rd Class Power Engineering Certificate will be considered if significant progress has been made towards attaining their 2nd Class certificate.
If you are a decisive trouble-shooter, and want to apply your background in power engineering, click that "apply" button today. When applying for this role, please attach a photo or scanned copy of your applicable certifications.
The salary range for this position is: $100,500 - $125,500. Please note:
The range provided is for base salary only. In addition to base salary, Canfor proudly offers its employees a comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. It features performance-based incentive plans, recognition programs, flexible benefits, paid leaves, pension plans with base and matching contributions, savings options and robust health & well-being initiatives. Don't check off every single bullet point?
At Canfor, we prioritize the right fit for our organization over a strict checklist of criteria. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds may not perfectly align. Our people-focused approach prioritizes safety, embraces diversity,
valuing everyone's unique qualities. We believe that inclusion and diversity are crucial for our productivity, creativity, innovation, and competitive edge.
Our recruitment process is fair and equitable, based on qualifications and experience.
We appreciate all candidates' interest but will contact only those selected for interviews. Our hiring for various positions is ongoing and includes different screening processes such as behavioral assessments, references, and criminal record checks, depending on the role and location.
#CADS Job Segment:
Facilities, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineer, Operations, Engineering
Operations and Logistics