Together, we are stronger and achieve more.
Viterra is seeking a Sheetmetal Mechanic. This position is responsible for the installation, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of stationary industrial grain handling and cleaning machinery. Mechanical equipment includes material handling equipment, dust control equipment and components, dust ducts, grain spouting and liner systems.
Description of Work Performed:
- Reading equipment diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work requirements.
- Experience conducting field measurements for performing layout and fabrication of replacement components.
- Fabrication experience related to thicker materials and metals is considered an asset.
- Lays out, measures and marks dimensions and reference lines on sheet metal and plate steel according to drawings or templates.
- Uses plasma cutter and wire and stick feed welding equipment, hand and power shears, rolls and power break, and snips and metal-working equipment to cut, drill or punch, bend and shape sheet metal.
- Fabricates and repairs air-slides, grain spouting, material blowing, and other air equipment and systems.
- Installs liners for grain handling spouting, machinery, conveyor chutes, and screw casings.
- Experience working with non-metallic materials used in lining applications such as Ceramics, Tivar, Urethane, UHMW Plastics, Etc.
- Use adhesives for fastening parts including epoxies, urethanes and contact cements. Also by soldering or welding.
- Fabricates mounting hardware for electrical components (limit switches, sensors and related equipment) as required by the Electrical Department
- Operates rigging equipment and dollies to place or move heavy machinery and parts.
- Operates mobile equipment including forklifts, manlifts, scissor lifts and telehandlers.
- Maintains pollution control systems, dust collection and control systems, vacuum systems.
Must be a certified Journeyman Sheetmetal mechanic with an Interprovincial Red Seal certification. A minimum of 3 years experience in an industrial setting or comparable service work in the industry.
Knowledge of industrial machinery and fabrication including grain handling and cleaning equipment would be an asset. Ability to work in a team environment and able to work on small projects with minimal supervision.
Construction, Mining and Trades