Sheet Metal Estimators: Harvey 1852
Reporting to Senior Estimator, and Operations Mgr.
In charge of;
- Bidding the right projects at the right price.
- Keep accurate records and track bids versus our competition - analyze for patterns and react accordingly.
- Earn us the most possible profit by knowing where our competition will probably be bidding and adjust our numbers to suit - keeping in mind our lowest possible markup. This is more for adding markup versus reducing it.
- Interact with customers regularly (face to face as often as possible) to build strategic relationships.
- Interact with competition to gain information as required to help you analyze why we were low or not.
- Help set up projects with Ops Mgr., PM and labour so everyone fully understands your thinking when you bid the project. Review the project as it progresses and advise to PM if things are going off track - get on site and try understand why. This will help you gain a knowledge of what we are good at and what you need to add extra labour to on future bids.
- Think each bid through - you are not just a takeoff person. Put your heart into each bid or do not bid it. Your name is on the bid ensure your heart and passion goes into it. Follow up each bid and log your competitors price – understand your hit ratio.
- Review completed jobs and compare to bid so you can adjust your bids in the future to better match our capabilities - this is a constant thing as our company will always be evolving with different manpower, machinery and methods.
- Take upgrading classes/ business development classes/ personal development classes.
- Work within our ethical boundaries.
This is a fulltime position.
Salary of $80-108k plus benefits, and bonus.
Posted: November 14, 2017
Closes:January 13, 2018