Who we are:
Global restaurateur HMSHost is a world leader in creating exceptional dining experiences for traveler venues in airports and travel plazas around the world.
We are currently looking for a Full-Time & Part-Time Server to join our full service restaurant – White Spot located in the exciting Vancouver International Airport.
The Server is responsible for taking food and beverage orders; entering orders quickly and in proper sequence; serving food and beverages for guests in their section as well as other sections; coordinating with the kitchen to ensure timely service and quality of the food; and providing the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
- Provide the highest quality of service to customers at all times
- Greet guests, serve drinks & food
- Assist in light food preparations
- Suggestively sell merchandise and bar food items
- Comply with HMS, franchise and other regulatory agency’s policies
- Other duties as reasonably requested.
What makes you a great candidate?
- Passionate about customer service
- Open-minded and eager to share innovative ideas
- Willing to take initiative and set the pace
- Consistently able to interact with customers and co-workers in a friendly and professional manner
- Ability to focus on the task at hand with a sense of urgency.
- At least 3 years of Serving/Bartending would be an asset
- Previous cash handling with a good record
- Flexible to scheduling (available for weekends, evenings, days or afternoons)
- Serving It Right Certificate is required
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with POS (Micros) would be an asset
- A team player who is willing to share the workload with co-workers and perform other kitchen duties as required
- Ability to handle large section and quick table rotations
Why work at HMSHOST?
With more than 2,000 dining locations in airports and motorways across North America, HMSHost offers the resources, training, and advancement opportunities to help you be successful in your role with HMSHost
With our company, you will find that we have:
- A positive and dynamic work environment
- Competitive wages
- Extended Health & Dental, MSP, Group RSP and meal benefits
- Training and development
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
If you possess the eligibility requirements & are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org