Do you have a desire to enter the automotive industry? Past customer service or sales experience but seeking a hands-on role where you'll be moving and active all day.
Kal Tire has an opportunity for you.
As a Field Service Technician, you'll work hands on as you train to troubleshoot , repair and perform service work on a variety of commercial tires and wheels including removing wheel assemblies, dismounting tires, balancing, inflating and installation, reinstallations and diagnostics.
You'll train to drive a Kal Tire vehicle and preform road service calls which will include after hours calls on a rotational basis. We offer:
Skills & Abilities:
- Competitive wages
- Full Time position 40 hours/week
- Benefits including health, dental, long-term disability, employee assistance program, life insurance and RRSP matching program
- A COMPLETE comprehensive and purposeful PAID training program
- A strong and growing brand with over 250 locations servicing both retail and commercial customers across Canada .
- Incentive Program - Additional income may be obtained through our Incentive Program which recognizes performance output.
- Technology - We grant everyone access to the newest tools and technology in manufacturing equipment, allowing all our team members to gain the newest skills in today's market.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to problem solve on the spot.
- Methodical and patient approach with strong attention to detail.
- Team player who can work unsupervised.
- Ability to excel in a physically demanding environment and comfortable lifting 50lbs at shoulder height.
- Safety mindset, willing to wear all required PPE, and follow all safety procedures.
- Valid class 5 driver's license.
- Must be comfortable driving and working at night.
Proudly Canadian owned and operated since 1953
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Automotive pre-employment program/high school shop/road service or tire technician experience is considered an asset but not required.
Since the beginning-when we opened our first store in Vernon, BC, in 1953-Kal Tire has been committed to building a strong company as well as strong communities for our team members and customers.
Across Canada and around the world, we support hundreds of local organizations, engage our teams in fundraising and provide funding for the use of recycled rubber products to enhance community facilities.
At Kal Tire, helping to make our communities stronger is just a part of our culture.
We offer a culture that fosters inclusion, and respect. We value a diverse workforce and commit to providing equal opportunities to all applicants.
Kal Tire welcomes your interest in this opportunity. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.