Service technicianTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries - Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, Data centers and Food and BeverageFrom rapid response, performance improvement to operational efficiency and life-cycle management, customer service is one of our fastest-growing areas. ABB's Quality Control Systems (QCS) team of technicians deliver solutions and services ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our automation and digitalization solutions help improve safety, plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address our customers' challenges and opportunities.Automation Service Canada supports customers with ABB automation, and QCS systems and solutions, operating in Pulp and Paper industries across Canada. Our customers operate mission critical 24x7 processes which rely on ABB support from installation and initial start-up, through to life-cycle services to maximize the availability of the solutions provided by ABB and optimize their operations.You will execute service work with Automation Service Canada, specializing on specializing on QCS solutions provided by ABB. Located in the Gatineau surrounding areas, reporting to the Service Manager, you will act as a field service representative providing on-site and remote services to customers. You will work with other ABB field service personnel in Quebec and Ontario, with an extended network of professionals within Canada, North America and globally. Your responsibilities
- Act as the key point of contact for customer QCS technical service requests for assigned customer(s) to help them achieve their productivity and quality targets.
- Provide resident on-site maintenance services, Monday to Friday, during core business hours and emergency response after hours with 2 hours on-site response time.
- Participate in the on-call technical support rotation for our 24 x 7 emergency service for QCS equipment within the Canadian network.
- Consult with and advise customers on the best service solutions in accordance with standard processes, procedures, and safety guidelines for QCS equipment and the associated paper production process.
- Troubleshoot equipment and process problems, provide recommendations and implement solutions to eliminate root causes.
- Execute scheduled tasks in the maintenance program for assigned site(s).
- Prepare and present reports to customers for maintenance services with their maintenance programs.
- Provide ABB leadership with recommendations for product, quality and customer service improvements.
- Travel to customer site(s) is required on a daily basis.
- Living ABB's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- College Diploma (DEC) in instrumentation and control technology or related studies.
- Experience with installation and maintenance of industrial automation systems, including PLCs and/or DCS (Distributed Control Systems).
- Experience with the maintenance and installation of Quality Control Systems (QCS) used in paper industry as well as laboratory methods for the measurement of paper properties are a definite assets.
- Strong customer focus and the ability to relate well to customer needs, strong interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a multi-disciplined service environment often under pressure filled conditions.
- Excellent bilingual communication skills (French/ English).
- This position will reside in Gatineau or surrounding area.
- Valid passport and driver's license, and able to travel in the USA or internationally for training.
More about us
- Wellbeing program
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-Hybrid
Information Technology Maintenance and Technicians