TELUS National Business Delivery team members are responsible for providing industry leading data, converged, integrated solutions and voice across multiple platforms in an ever-changing and evolving technology world. We are a team of approximately 600 members across Canada; who pride ourselves on being the face of TELUS for all of our business clients, both large and small. We are looking to grow our dynamic team and further invest in our communities across Western Canada; our team members are highly accountable and take responsibility to ensure that we are driving the ultimate client experience.
Now is your chance to be a part of something special. The TELUS National Business Delivery team is currently recruiting for Business Service Technicians. This is an exciting role with a wide range of duties and responsibilities; we are looking for candidates to provide exceptional customer service and solutions to our business clients. The successful candidates will be self-motivated individuals who are highly engaged, passionate and work well in a team setting thus creating a positive and collaborative working environment. We believe in being excellent corporate citizens, therefore our employees give back to our communities and create shareholder value by volunteering their time and effort on a regular basis. Are you ready to join us on our journey? Are you someone who?
• Takes pride in delighting your customers and delivering an amazing experience
• Treats every customer interaction as an opportunity to increase customer loyalty and become a trusted advisor
• Can provide solutions to our customers by promoting and selling TELUS products and services
• Supports our Customer First Initiative by striving to establish rapport and trust with our customers
• Is passionate about technology: enjoys learning about, working with and providing the latest and greatest technology that TELUS has to offer
• Is highly skilled in communicating, planning & problem solving
• Demonstrates a high level of professionalism and accountability What's in it for you?
• Rewards of starting your career with TELUS include a competitive hourly wage with added performance incentives and annual bonuses. We also offer best-in- class training to start, employee share purchase plan, service discounts and many more benefits! You will have the opportunity to build a long term career with a leading-edge team that strongly believes in giving back to the communities in which we work, live and serve
• Become the technical sales and service consultant for our business customers in the work environment, understanding their needs and becoming their advocate.
• Nothing is day to day about this job - with every customer install you will get to learn their business and how TELUS helps them get the job done. Whether it is data service, Optik TV™, public WIFI or fibre optic services, every customer interaction will be unique and exciting! We pride ourselves on quality, but sometimes things break, when it does you get to be the hero that gets our business customers up and running in no time flat!
• S imilar to our Lions, Pandas, Parrots and Bunnies, just to name a few, you too can be the face of TELUS! Take this opportunity to radiate your enthusiasm about TELUS products and services to our business clients. Positions are currently available in the following locations:
• Dawson Creek
• Fort St John
• Grand Forks
• Williams Lake Qualifications: Required Skills & Abilities:
• Maintain a high level of performance under the pressure of time constraints and a fast-paced changing environment using demonstrated effective decision-making skills while under limited supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to identify problems and situations, take appropriate action, implement solutions or escalate as required
• Ability to manage a physically demanding workload which may include climbing poles and working in a variety of indoor/outdoor environments and weather conditions.
• Must have analytical and technical problem solving skills and/or related work experience
• Must have technical aptitude and the ability to do fine, precise work with their hands
• Must have the ability to or willingness to learn proper operation of hand and power tools, and test equipment
• Normal colour vision to work with colour-coded wiring
• Must follow safe work practices and abide by all safety rules and regulations.
• Must be willing and able to work various shifts as assigned including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays to meet customer/business needs, including working out of town assignments that may preclude your ability to return home as required.
• Fluent in English including demonstrated professional oral and written communications skills
• Must possess Personal Computer navigational skills
• Must meet applicable testing requirements and pass all related exams
• Some limited areas may require an ability and/or willingness to Main Responsibilities:
• work in confined spaces, on bridges, towers or other fixtures at a height of 20 meters or more above the ground or water level
• travel in small aircraft, aerial tramways, helicopters etc
• Passionate about technology and have the dexterity to learn new products and features and recommend meaningful solutions to our customers
• Skill to deliver great customer experience in any environment and to be motivated by personal interaction
• Strong communication skills that allow you to interact with customers and provide them with world class service
• Teamwork makes the dream work - must have ability to positively contribute in a team setting Education & Experience
• Must have completed a minimum Grade 12 Diploma with at least Grade 11 math (Transcripts and/or diplomas will be required)
• Clean and valid Class 5 Driver's License or other provincial equivalent (Driver's license and abstract will be required)
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We're also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team. And we do so by living the TELUS values and delivering on our Customers First commitments.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.