Join our team
We need passionate and enthusiastic people, who will provide supportive and dedicated personalized customer service, that want to start their exciting career at TELUS!
As a member of our team at Customer Solutions Delivery (CSD), you will look forward to provisioning and supporting products related to the Future Friendly Home (e.g. home networking, phone, high speed internet, Optik TV, etc.). You will be responsible to provide exemplary customer service and education to our customers face to face on both new and existing products in the customer's home. As a trusted member of the team and onsite support to our loyal customers you will also highlight any sales opportunities designed to help our customers get the best out of their TELUS experience.
Our Broadband Networks team is laying the foundation for the future, connecting homes and businesses across Canada to our TELUS PureFibre™ network. Our Customer Solutions Delivery (CSD) team members within Broadband Networks aren't afraid to try new things and challenge the status quo, it's at our core. Our mission is to create a connected world where our customers live and thrive and we are seeking enthusiastic people who share our excitement about technology, have a dedication to unparalleled customer service excellence and are dedicated to starting their career.Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
As a Service Technician with our team in Terrace BC, you will be responsible for supporting the surrounding areas with installation and support of products related to the Future Friendly Home (FFH). Your priority will be to offer extraordinary customer service while installing and repairing voice and data services: phone, internet, TV, for our residential and business customers. You will also find opportunities to promote and up-sell additional TELUS services and/or products when appropriate.
Are you someone who?
• Has a real passion for technology
• Loves helping others and finding ways to share your knowledge
• Enjoys being part of a team and working collaboratively with others What's in it for YOU?
Rewards of starting your career with TELUS include an hourly wage of $23.27 with added performance incentives and annual bonuses. We also offer comprehensive training to start, employee share purchase plan, service discounts and additional benefits. You will have the chance to create a long term career with a leading-edge team that strongly believes in giving back to the communities in which we work, live and serve.Finally, a career you'll love. Qualifications: You're the missing piece of the puzzle
• You have the ability to provide excellent customer experience with solutions based selling, recommending products to your customers and up-selling TELUS services and products in all customer interactions
• Clean and valid Class 5 Driver's License or other provincial equivalent, a driver's abstract will be requested
• Completed a minimum of Grade 11 Math, we'll request a copy of your transcripts and/or diplomas as confirmation
• Mechanical ability and technical proficiency
• Ability to work at heights above 20ft
• You can balance a physical workload, which includes standing, lifting, climbing, bending, crawling in confined spaces and working in a variety of indoor/outdoor environment
• Normal colour vision to work with colour-coded wiring
• Follow safe work practices and abide by all safety rules and regulations
• You work collaboratively in a team environment
• You have experience working with minimal to no supervision, and broad problem solving abilities
• You are able to maintain a high level of performance with time constraints dynamic work environment
• Fluent in English with a clear and genuine communication style; additional languages considered beneficial
• Professional written and oral communication skills
• You have a natural Technical Aptitude, and proficient knowledge of common consumer electronic devices
• Dedication to continuous learning with abilities to learn formally and informally in a dynamic environment
• Self-motivated, demonstrate effective decision-making skills and can work with limited supervision
• Meet applicable testing requirements Education, Certifications & Experience
• Previous experience and/or education in telecommunications will be considered, but not necessary
• Completion of a minimum Grade 12 Diploma with at least Grade 11 math (Transcripts and/or diplomas is required)
• Clean and valid Class 5 Driver's License or other provincial equivalent (Driver's Abstract will be required) Note:
You may be required to obtain a Security Alarm Installer License from the applicable provincial government and in order for your employment to continue, you will be required to maintain the license for the duration of your employment. Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.