Service Sales Manager, Marine, East Coast - QC/NS/NFDLTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Marine & Ports supplies world-leading technologies that are driving the evolution of sustainable shipping. Electrical propulsion, data-driven decision support and integrated solutions for ship and shore from ABB are paving the way to a zero-emission marine industry, providing greater efficiency and reliability to shipowners, and preparing vessels to meet the demands of tomorrow. Our automation and electrical solutions are making port and terminal operations safer, greener and more productive. ABB Marine & Ports operates in 26 countries and has 2,000 employees. www.abb.com/marine.This position is ideally suited for a self-driven person who plans to develop his/her career into a service sales role with a strong technical focus. The successful candidate will take ownership of individual service sales development, offerings and potentially service projects management. Focus on installed base penetration and sell the entire service product portfolio in collaboration with other ABB service units. Build long term customer relationships and ensure immediate response to specific customer needs and issues. Reporting to the Service Manager, Marine, you will be a critical pillar in our small and dynamic team. Your responsibilities
- Generates Service sales leads and develops new market opportunities, identifies and explores potential new service portfolios.
- Penetrates IB, promotes various upgrade, retrofit and value add solutions to the benefit of the customer and ABB.
- Establishes long term customer relationships by understanding customer requirements and demonstrating in-depth technical service product/solutions knowledge to promote Life Cycle Management.
- Capable of forming professional and effective working relationships with customers and within teams.
- Sales planning, leading sales pursuits, negotiates technical and commercial features of agreements in Sales and Partnerships, follow up with customers on existing and potential opportunities.
- Improves Sales (OR), Gross margin (GM).
- Input and responsibility for pricing of existing and new offerings in accordance with pricing guidelines.
- Depending on business needs, lead the execution of service projects and ensure that all related activities are performed in accordance with ABB policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments: service project leadership, planning, and project execution and control.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Available to travel >20% time.
- Bachelors' degree and 5 years' marine industry experience.
- High level of technical know-how in Marine service industry, preferably marine drives and automation systems, AC and DC power systems.
- Customer Focused, understanding of how to navigate within large marine customer organizations .
- Ability to self-learn and operate autonomously.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Wellbeing program
- Healthcare plan
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-hybrid
Sales and Marketing Maintenance and Technicians