UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES AHEAD
Position: Service Advisor
Dealership: The BMW Store
We are proud of our forward-thinking culture developed over 40 years of continuous improvement initiatives. OpenRoad is one of the largest and fastest growing automotive retail groups in the country (representing 21 automotive brands across 34 locations) with a shared vision to become the national automotive leader in customer experience. As one of Canada's Best Employers and Best Managed Companies, we are looking for team players who are excited to continually learn, work hard, and take ownership of their role.
We believe in doing good for our customers and for ourselves. Whether it's launching the most anticipated model of the year or purchasing a vehicle for your next adventure, great people and relationships are at every turn with OpenRoad. We are looking for a dedicated and driven individual to join our team at The BMW Store, where you will have a chance to innovate, grow and enjoy the work you do! Our people aren't just part of a team, they're part of something bigger, a vibrant community of empathic team members.
If you love the idea of joining an organization with unlimited possibilities to accelerate your career, then apply to OpenRoad and grow with us today!
A Career at OpenRoad Means You'll Enjoy:
- Opportunity to work with a variety of OEM BRANDS including; Acura Audi, BMW, Genesis, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen
- Amazing Incentives including but not limited to: Discounted Vehicle Purchasing Program, Boot Allowance, Computer Rebate Program, Employee Referral Program, Employer RRSP Matching
- Internal and external, training & development opportunities for skill-development and growth
- Be part of a collaborative, friendly and progressive work-culture with an emphasis on transparency, innovation, relationship and empowerment
- Comprehensive extended health and dental plan, tailored around Associate wellness
- Recognition and Engagement Events!
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle customers inquiries promptly and accurately, listen to vehicle concerns and write repair orders.
- Ensure repair orders and all paper work is legibly and accurately completed, with all customer requests or points of concern documented.
- Obtain all customer (including signature) and vehicle data and fill in required spaces on all repair orders.
- Process all paperwork as jobs are completed.
- Review all repairs and changes with customer upon delivery of vehicle.
- Assist in scheduling customer vehicles for service work by allowing adequate time for repairs/maintenance and securing additional time as required.
- Monitor work-in-progress to ensure that repairs are being performed properly and time schedule is being met as promised. Notify customers if delays are expected or additional work is needed.
- Use service files to suggest additional repairs or services if required.
- Estimate costs and completion times, do not hesitate to ask Service Manager for assistance.
- Identify and give special attention to repeat repairs, assign original technician on all comeback jobs.
- Notify customers when backorder parts become available.
- Determine warranty coverage and verify repair date, mileage, etc.
- Resolve all customer complaints for a win/win outcome. Implement/suggest preventative measures to reduce number of complaints.
- Perform walk-around inspection on all customer vehicles noting damage such as: scratches, dents, missing hubcaps, etc.
- Arrange for alternate transportation as needed and manage loaner vehicles.
- Work to improve dealership CSI and general customer satisfaction in accordance with OpenRoad's philosophies, policies and procedures.
- Maintain paperwork and ensure reception area is in a clean and orderly fashion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Working knowledge of automotive equipment.
- Knowledge of techniques of customer satisfaction and retention.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports using a computerized equipment maintenance system.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- A valid British Columbia driver's license, with a clean driving record.
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity. We stand behind the growth of our associates to help them achieve their vision and goals.
JOIN US AND GROW WITH US!
Internal applicants, must apply through internal endorsement process
We thank all those that have applied. Only those considered for the position will be contacted.
Maintenance and Technicians