Work at one of the 50 best employers in Canada! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2019 Platinum Level Best Employer! What BCAA offers you:
- It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being a 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
Position Overview:BCAA's Coquitlam Service Location has an opening for a Regular-Part-Time (working 20 hours or more per week) Service Advisor (Floater). The successful candidate's primary location will be the Coquitlam Se rvice Location and will also work out of Surrey (Guildford), Burnaby (Canada Way) and New Westminster locations and other various offices. Having a vehicle/transportation is preferred.
As one of BCAA's Member-facing team members, the Service Advisor is an insurance professional dedicated to delivering amazing Member experiences through the servicing of BCAA's products and services, with a focus on Membership and auto insurance products. The Service Advisor is a source of positive brand impressions and builds long-lasting relationships with all of our Members and helps them derive the maximum value from their Membership through identifying needs for additional BCAA products and services. The Service Advisor collaborates with a team who is passionate about igniting unparalleled Member loyalty that enables BCAA to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia.
Sells and upgrades Membership and auto insurance to new and renewing Members
• Through consultative in-person or over the phone sales, acquires new Membership and Autoplan and private auto insurance sales; where required and with the appropriate qualifications, sells additional BCAA products and services
• Renews BCAA Memberships and Autoplan and private auto insurance policies by reviewing current coverages and making recommendations; where required and with the appropriate qualifications, renews additional BCAA products and services
• Reviews product terms and conditions including, but not limited to, coverages, limits and exclusions to limit errors and omissions
• Deepens Member relationships through excellence in customer service including informing Members of Member value and opportunities to save
• Collaborates with BCAA and other supplier's Underwriters
• Meets all prescribed sales, business-building and retention targets, and BCAA and AAA/CAA Member experience goals, best practices, standards and Underwriting guidelines
Creates referrals for cross-selling of BCAA products and services to new and renewing Members
• Creates referrals for Senior Insurance Advisors for cross-selling homeowners' and travel insurance
• Creates and follows up on future business leads and upcoming renewals
Manages Member/customer accounts and concerns
• Updates Member information and insurance policy details in applicable systems
• Processes Membership and Autoplan and private auto insurance endorsements and cancellations; where required, process endorsements and cancellations for additional BCAA products and services
• Issues new and renewal Membership transactions and Member entitlement products such as passport photos, international driving permits, Member maps, tour books and camp guides
• Resolves Member concerns by following BCAA's Member resolution standards and meeting BCAA and AAA/CAA Member satisfaction goals
Processes and manages Member/customer documents
• Processes payments and follow up on outstanding payments
• Issues new, renew and makes changes to Memberships
• Issues new and renewal Autoplan and private auto insurance policies, cancellations, endorsements, plates and transfers; where required, issue new, renewal, endorsements and cancellations for additional BCAA products and services
• Meets all required processing standards for storage, retrieval, confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness
Acquires and maintains industry, product and systems knowledge
• Maintains a working knowledge of all BCAA Membership and insurance manuals, best practices, standards, policies and systems
• Attends required BCAA and industry training courses
• Keeps up-to-date with industry knowledge and competitors' product offerings
• Maintains annual insurance licensing requirements
Other duties, as assigned
• Greeting and administrative duties, when co-workers are absent
• Completion of Grade 12
• 2 years' experience in a sales and service environment
• Level 1 insurance license (or willing to obtain within 3 months of employment)
• Demonstrated sales productivity and customer service skills
• Demonstrated multi-tasking skills and proven ability to prioritize activities
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment and maintain a high level of professionalism
• Proven judgment and decision-making abilities. Must be able to consider costs and benefits of potential products in order to make appropriate recommendations.
• Proven critical thinking abilities. Must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Ability to meet prescribed sales, business-building, retention and customer satisfaction targets and objectives
• Strong computer skills with basic knowledge of MS Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• CAIB certification
• Completion of Autoplan Essentials
• Knowledge of applicable BCAA and ICBC systems
• Limited history of Errors & Omissions and in good standing with the Insurance Council of BC
• Ability to speak alternate languages that would support particular market demographics
Internal Applicants: The internal posting closes on June 17th and this is a Grade 5 position.
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and sustainability. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.