UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES AHEADPosition
:OpenRoad Mazda Port MoodyDepartment
We believe in doing good for our customers and for ourselves. Whether it's launching the most anticipated model of the year or purchasing a vehicle for your next adventure, great people and relationships are at every turn with OpenRoad.
We are proud of our forward-thinking culture developed over 40 years of continuous improvement initiatives. OpenRoad is one of the largest and fastest-growing automotive retail groups in the country (representing 20 automotive brands across 25 locations) with a shared vision to become the national automotive leader in customer experience. As one of Canada's Best Employers and Best Managed Companies, we are looking for team players who are excited to continually learn, work hard, and take ownership of their roles.
If you love the idea of joining an organization with unlimited possibilities to accelerate your career, then apply to OpenRoad and grow with us today!
A Career at OpenRoad Means You'll Enjoy:
- Opportunity to work with a variety of OEM BRANDS including; Acura Audi, BMW, Genesis, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen
- Amazing Incentives including but not limited to Discounted Vehicle Purchasing Program, Boot Allowance, Computer Rebate Program, Employee Referral Program, Employer RRSP Matching, Tool Purchase Subsidy
- Internal and external, training & development opportunities for skill development and growth
- Be part of a collaborative, friendly and progressive work culture with an emphasis on transparency, innovation, relationship, and empowerment
- Comprehensive extended health and dental plan tailored around Associate wellness
- Recognition and Engagement Events!
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle customer inquiries promptly and accurately, listen to vehicle concerns and write repair orders.
- Ensure repair orders and all paperwork is legibly and accurately completed, with all customer requests or points of concern documented.
- Obtain all customer (including signature) and vehicle data and fill in required spaces on all repair orders.
- Process all paperwork as jobs are completed.
- Review all repairs and changes with the customer upon delivery of the vehicle.
- Assist in scheduling customer vehicles for service work by allowing adequate time for repairs/maintenance and securing additional time as required.
- Monitor work-in-progress to ensure that repairs are being performed properly and time schedule is being met as promised. Notify customers if delays are expected or additional work is needed.
- Use service files to suggest additional repairs or services if required.
- Estimate costs and completion times, do not hesitate to ask the Service Manager for assistance.
- Identify and give special attention to repeat repairs, and assign the original technician on all comeback jobs.
- Notify customers when backorder parts become available.
- Determine warranty coverage and verify repair date, mileage, etc.
- Resolve all customer complaints for a win/win outcome. Implement/suggest preventative measures to reduce the number of complaints.
- Perform walk-around inspection on all customer vehicles noting damage such as scratches, dents, missing hubcaps, etc.
- Arrange for alternate transportation as needed and manage loaner vehicles.
- Work to improve dealership CSI and general customer satisfaction in accordance with OpenRoad's philosophies, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain paperwork and ensure the reception area is in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Must follow company safety policies and practices, and immediately, report any and all accidents to a Manager/Supervisor.
- This position will be expected to perform other duties as assigned by management.
- OpenRoad reserves the right to modify this job description as business needs require.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Working knowledge of automotive equipment.
- Knowledge of techniques of customer satisfaction and retention.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports using a computerized equipment maintenance system.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- A valid British Columbia driver's license, with a clean driving record.
Internal Candidates MUST apply by filling out the Internal Endorsement Form on the Intranet. Failure to complete the form will cause a delay in your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity. We stand behind the growth of our associates to help them achieve their vision and goals.
Maintenance and Technicians