May 30, 2021
Want to make a difference? We are embarking on a technological journey that will impact mining forever! Join a fast paced, high energy, and dynamic team that is modernizing mining for the future.
Reporting to the Server Team Lead, the Server Analyst will be responsible for operations and support of Windows and Linux based servers in a Microsoft Active directory enterprise environment.
Working with other operations and support groups to provide and ensure a secure and highly available infrastructure for Teck's business requirements. Responsibilities
Certifications & Training
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Operationally focused on virtualization, storage, server hardware, server software and related configurations vital to support the enterprise.
- Using scripting technologies, improve efficiencies and reduce time spent doing repetitive tasks
- Create user documentation related to the functions of the server team.
- Perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis using performance tools, often collaborating with other team members or other support personal and vendors.
- SLA and incident management through software platform for IT Service Management (ITSM) ServiceNow
- Computer Science degree or equivalent education and experience
- Relevant university degree or equivalent experience designing, planning, implementing, and supporting IT infrastructure
- VMware Certifications VCP
- Microsoft Server Certification MCTP (recommended)
- Cisco Certifications CCNA / CCNP (recommended)
- Azure, GCP, AWS Cloud Certifications(recommended)
- 3+ years of experience managing Windows Server operating systems in an enterprise environment
- Proven experience with enterprise level VMWare, UCS, VSAN, SAN, NAS storage and networking technologies are required
- DNS and domain controller performance and health management in a multi-domain and multi-forest environment
- Experience in use of the following tools will be required:
- Diagnostic tools: DCDiag, Netdiag, Frsdiag, Netmon, Perfmon, Procmon, and Wireshark
- Command line administration tools including: dsquery/mod/add/rm, net, netdom, nltest
- Working technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including ESX, Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2008R2/2016/2019, Microsoft Windows XP/7, Citrix
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including ISA, Active Directory, GPO, Web Services, TCP/IP, vCenter
- Solid understanding of local and wide area network administration.
- Hands on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with data storage management.
- Basic Cloud administration and/or knowledge of other cloud operations and platforms (Azure, GCP)
- Tenable security vulnerability scanning and remediation
- SPLUNK operations and query
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Analysis of network traffic using Netmon or Wireshark
- Design and implementation of group policy
- CMD, VBscript and Powershell scripting
- Firewalling of domain controller services
- Windows updates administration using Windows Server Update Services/SCCM
- There are pre-existing standards in the environment and adherence to them along with advice on modifications to standards will be required
- Excellent communication, conflict resolution and collaboration abilities are a must
- Experience managing technical priorities
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-POSTED Job Segment:
Cisco, Social Media, Computer Science, Sustainability, Technology, Marketing, Mining, Energy
Sales and Marketing