When you’re passionate about what you do and where you work, the rest comes easy. That’s the culture at Central 1 Credit Union, and that’s precisely what we’re looking for from you. Supporting nearly 150 member credit unions across British Columbia and Ontario, we’re the backbone of the credit union system in both provinces – taking care of everything from online services and product development, to payment processing, trade association services and more.
Our team of over 600 employees represent some of the most innovative, passionate individuals you’ll ever meet; people who honestly care about the organization, its members and each other. In other words, people who love what they do.
The Senior Web Developer develops proposals for major, complex and longer term technical web solutions, provides technical leadership in programming activities, and conducts major troubleshooting and problem solving initiatives.
• A university degree in computer science in an interactive/web design discipline (or equivalent)
• 5 – 8 years’ (minimum) relevant experience in web development. Experience must include the analysis and development of multiple highly complex web applications.
• Extensive and exceptional knowledge and understanding of methods, standards and best practices with respect to web and mobile web development.
• Must have hands on experience with Angular 2+ and/or TypeScript languages.
• Ability to write technical proposals, document web designs using industry standard practices, write statements of work for complex web solutions, break down a complex task into a set of simpler ones, and provide accurate estimates.
• Exceptional analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with technical teams and other co-workers, work to schedules, and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs.
• Through understanding of how server side technologies function.
• Ability to provide technical leadership and mentorship, and work on multiple projects with conflicting deadlines in a team environment.
Nice to have:
• Experience with Docker is a nice to have.
• Experience with Redux or NgRx.
• Designs, writes code and completes highly complex, critical programming tasks proficiently with a high level of quality.
• Prepares design proposals for major, complex and longer term technical solutions including determination of costs, time required and alternative approaches to satisfy existing and future needs.
• Conducts detailed analysis of defined systems specifications, develops and documents designs that meet applicable standards, and identifies, analyzes and resolves complex software and design inadequacies.
• Makes recommendations for changes to web development policies, guidelines and standards.
• Participates in product design meetings and preparation of requirements and design specifications.
• Provides design recommendations and feedback to improve visual design and usability. Works with visual designers to make best use of interface technology to achieve design goals.
• Provides detailed and high-level estimates to assist in establishing project schedules to meet customer needs, ensures assigned projects follow schedule, informs management of any unplanned slippages and proposes corrective measures.
• Assists with customer evaluation and testing of web products, and educates and informs clients and their design agencies on the range of Central 1’s products and services.
• Applies a structured approach to isolate and resolve complex system-level problems. Proposes designs and processes that actively seek to avoid the introduction of problems.
• Develops training plans and provides mentorship, technical advice and direction to other Web Developers.
• May work as project team leader over other Web Developers for specific projects by breaking complex tasks down into simpler parts, assigning and monitoring work, ensuring adherence to policies, practices, guidelines and standards related to web development, and providing advice and guidance to team members in the completion of projects.
• Schedules code and design reviews.
• Gives and organizes technical presentations.
• Conducts ongoing research and evaluation of web design to identify trends and solutions for Central 1 products; integrates new trends and solutions into existing products.
• Maintains current knowledge of Central 1’s family of products, application functionality and the high-level architecture of Central’s hosting environment.
• Performs other duties as required to deliver exceptional service and to support Central’s business goals.
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you have a request for a disability-related accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Reporting to: Director, Development
Internal Title: Web Developer 3
Date Posted: August 18, 2017
Internal Applicant Deadline: August 25, 2017
*Unsolicited resumes from vendors will not be accepted for this or any position at Central 1*
If you have any questions or issues applying please contract humanresources @central1.com
Connect with employer:
About Central 1 Credit Union
When you’re passionate about what you do and where you work, the rest comes easy. That’s the culture at Central 1 Credit Union, and that’s precisely what we’re looking for f...