Yellow Pages is a digital media and marketing solutions leader. We connect people and businesses in neighborhoods across Canada through our digital properties and services.
Yellow Pages (YP) is no longer the company that you know. We are conducting a complete digital transformation and we are redefining the way people use mobile apps every day to shop, work, live and play.
By joining our team, you’ll play a key role in our continued success. We offer a work environment that values customer commitment, open communication, teamwork, tangible results and efficiency. We also offer an exceptional benefit plan, pension and generous vacations. If you are looking to take your career to the next level, apply and join us in our transformation and contribute to our success!
Why do we need you?
The Senior Web Developer will lead a team of Front-End Web Developers, while collaborating on a variety of responsive website projects throughout the entire lifecycle of YP’s premium website offering. Breaking new ground, researching and implementing innovative web techniques and features.
This is a regular full-time opportunity, located in Burnaby, BC.
What will you do?
- Responsible for coordinating and developing major projects including forecasting timelines and providing support, training, coaching and mentorship for the Front-End Web Developer team.
- Assess and set goals for deliverables ensuring development tasks are achieved and executed within the budgeted time.
- Problem-solving in all areas of web development. Performs root cause analysis on system/user errors and identifies corrective action and liaises with support to resolve issues where applicable.
- Maintaining high coding standards and practices and exercise quality control on all aspects of web development
- Authoring technical briefs for client approval and project development.
- Responsible for analyzing and approving the feasibility of technical requirements and providing recommendations where necessary.
- Understanding the core requirements, business and user needs of every project and the best possible solution for final delivery.
- Provide thorough documentation and technical support for existing applications where necessary.
- Provide basic system administration and support in the development environment.
What we're looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of dedicated development experience.
- Must have thorough understanding of development processes.
- Experience with front-end frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation)
- Familiar with website management, domain transfers and email configuration
- Advanced experience with technical support on multiple platforms and CMS (Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.)
- Requires strong conceptualization and prioritization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; Proven ability to communicate and present across various internal and external audiences
- Excellent project management, organizational skills, and analytical skills
- Able to work under pressure & multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new technologies & data-processing tools
Why will you want to work with us?
- 3 weeks of pro-rated paid vacation starting the first year
- Flexible medical and dental benefits program starting on the first day
- Pension plan and group RRSP
- An environment that encourages open communication
- Casual environment where you can wear jeans!
- Opportunity to develop, to learn and grow in the organization
Thank you for your interest in Yellow Pages.
Posted: September 3, 2016
Closes:November 2, 2016