885 West Georgia Street
With over 100 years of combined experience as portfolio managers with significant assets under management, the partners of this top tier group are seeking a Senior Associate to join their team.
The role offers significant long term career potential and the possibility of partnership down the road.
The business centres on long term, discretionary portfolio management and the delivery of wealth management advice including the award-winning services at BMO Private Wealth.
In addition to strong academic and work experience, the successful candidate should have the polish and sophistication to work with multiple generations of HNW and UHNW families. Clients of the team are executives, professionals, business owners and their families. Expectations for service and advice are high and critical to success in this competitive environment.
Candidates with existing industry experience are invited to apply, but this role is equally suitable to candidates in other industries looking to apply their skills in a new forum. Applicants with 5-10 years of progressive experience in accounting, law, investment banking, commercial banking or M&A advisory firms will be considered. All candidates must be eligible for IIROC licensing and other designations and advanced degrees will be considered as differentiators (e.g., CPA, MBA, CFA, etc...).
This role will be driven by the service and management models of this highly successful team. Day-to-day responsibilities will align with the job description below.
Assesses individual client investment needs to provide professional, customized investment-related advice, sales and service. Builds client trust, educating them on investment strategies, associated risks, and performance expectations that help them achieve their financial goals. Develops and retains long-term client relationships and delivers an exceptional client experience. Identifies and makes referrals to other business groups. Works collaboratively within the market, BMO partners and the community to build relationships and deliver the desired customer experience.
- Partners with others to develop business relationships with existing clients.
- Collaborates with internal partners to expand business relationships with existing clients.
- Schedules and helps prepare client portfolio reviews including setting up client calls, scheduling meetings, preparing reviews and completes all required record keeping.
- Contacts clients to discuss/update investment objectives and risk tolerance and ensures portfolios are rebalanced as required.
- Escalates complex or unresolved client situations and complaints.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Prepares financial plans for clients to meet common financial goals, e.g., retirement.
- Provides appropriate advice around what is requested regarding tax efficiency, legal implication, financial impact, and fees involved or engages appropriate partners.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on business objectives.
- Manages databases and provides support for analysis, forecasting and/or data visualization, ensuring adherence with data governance standards.
- Assists in creating new investment portfolios and identifies changes to be made.
- Assesses fees, determines overall household fees and coordinates with internal partners as applicable.
- Manages the efficient and effective running of the support office; trains new team members and branch support staff.
- Develops business with clients / prospects using proactive selling and marketing techniques (e.g. telemarketing, networking, seminars, community involvement).
- Explains and executes investment concepts, portfolio construction and management, and other wealth management strategies.
- Supports branch or team business objectives by identifying opportunities that optimize profitability, increase share of wallet, and improve client loyalty.
- Identifies gaps, issues, and best practices by monitoring of sales and service performance against plans.
- Supports the development and execution of the business strategy and business planning activities.
- Fulfills client sales and service activities in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintains the confidentiality of client and Bank information.
- Adheres to internal risk mitigation policies and industry rules/regulations.
- Focus may be on a business/group.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience and/or certification in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Canadian Securities Course & Conduct and Practices Handbook.
- Registration as Registered Representative (RR).
- Complies with mandatory IIROC Continuing Education Program requirements.
- WME must be completed within 30 months of RR License
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
$44,500 - $63.500(mid-point)
The base salary represents BMO Financial Group's hiring range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as location, skills, experience, and qualification for the role. Salaries for parttime roles will be pro-rated based on number of hours regularly worked. Base salary is one component of BMO Financial Group's total compensation package for employees, which may include performance-based incentives, commissions or discretionary bonuses, as well as other perks and rewards. BMO also offers health insurance, tuition reimbursement, accident and life insurance, and retirement savings plans. To view more details of our benefits, please visit: Total Rewards
Individual Contributor / CollaborateurWe're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Sales and Marketing Maintenance and Technicians