is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable VANCOUVER, VICTORIA, CALGARY, EDMONTON And NANAIMO
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector, made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. With Golder now part of our WSP team, we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more. The Opportunity:
We are seeking a Senior Chemical Engineer to join our water treatment team in any of our Canadian Offices. The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of water and wastewater treatment projects in the areas of industrial, mine water and municipal. Why WSP?
• We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
• Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
• Our Hybrid Work Policy
- a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
• A Canadian
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
• A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAre WSP A day in the life:
• Integration with our water treatment group and other related groups in Canada and across North America, and being pro-active with your verbal and written communication to develop required relationships;
• Project Manager and/or Process Lead role for a variety of projects;
• Ownership of projects to ensure quality delivery on-time and on-budget;
• Strategic business development, client relationship building, and leading proposal development to win treatment projects and maintain project backlog;
• Communication and coordination with team members, other WSP groups, equipment vendors, clients, and sub-contractors;
• Preparation of technical reports, specifications, process schematics, and layout drawings, including review of deliverables produced by junior and intermediate colleagues;
• Analysis and design regarding water treatment projects: process and technology selection, equipment sizing and specification, mass balance, hydraulic analysis, 3D layout, including review of analysis and design by junior and intermediate colleagues;
• Mentoring and on-the-job training for junior and intermediate colleagues.
• Project management of multiple simultaneous projects, including project resource management (in conjunction with other team seniors) and personal time management;
• Providing project support for other senior staff as required;
• Supporting the management team with budgeting, strategy development and execution, staff reviews, and delivering training programs.
• Primarily office-based consulting engineering work with some opportunities for business travel and fieldwork. What you'll bring to WSP ...
• Undergraduate degree in chemical engineering;
• Currently registered as P.Eng in a Canadian province;
• 15+ years relevant working experience in consulting engineering;
• Required experience in water treatment, with experience in metallurgy being an asset;
• Experience with HYSIM/HYSIS or OLI software packages an asset;
• Strong project management and discipline lead skills;
• Strong inter-personal skills to assist project delivery with complex teams, and with mentoring and training colleagues;
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English, with French skills being an asset;
• Strong organizational skills in both information management and time management;
• Experienced in business development and building client relationships;
• Experienced with project management and project delivery according to quality standards.
• Proven record of independently leading successful projects;
• Detailed design, procurement, construction management, and commissioning experience is an asset;
• Graduate degree(s) are an asset; and,
• Valid driver's license.
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Senior (> 10 years)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada/, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada/, Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada/, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada/