As a Senior Unix/Linux and Storage System Administrator
in our global headquarters in Richmond, B.C., you will lead a team that is responsible for the design, administration, and management of critical Unix/Linux systems, Storage Infrastructure, and Enterprise-wide Backup environment within our corporate infrastructure. These systems include a variety of business applications including File Services, Database and Web services, Software Development Environments, Enterprise level backup systems, and Financial services hosted on a number of operating systems, including Linux and UNIX.
- Design, Install, Configure, and Administer critical UNIX/Linux based servers.
- Configure/Administer UNIX based network distributed computing environments.
- Assist with configuration and administration of NetBackup Enterprise environment for sites across Canada.
- Produce configuration and maintenance documentation and drawings, and provide training as required.
- Interact with customers and maintain project-based UNIX systems at remote sites.
- Design, Implement, and Maintain Storage Solutions for small to large sites across Canada.
- Support and assist with integration of a variety of leading-edge Software Development Tools.
- Supervise, coach and mentor junior staff within the team.
- Provide input and/or conduct performance reviews of team staff.
- Act as Liaison, and collaborate, with Team Leads of other IT areas.
Candidate Profile Requirements (experience/skills):
- Computer Science or relevant Technology degree and 7 to 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum 7 years related experience in a multi-platform, multi-vendor environment.
- Experience in customer support, computer operations, and system administration in a corporate environment.
- Certification in one of the above mentioned UNIX operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of the Windows desktop and networking environment.
- Solid understanding of a wide range of UNIX/Linux based operating systems.
- Strong understanding of networking and distributed computing environment concepts.
- Familiar with fundamentals of IT security, hardening practices, and security management.
- System failure analysis and recovery. Ensuring system consistency and integrity.
- Independent problem solving, and self-direction.
- Experience in scripting and command line tools in UNIX and Linux using Shell scripting, Perl, Python, and more.
- Monitor performance and troubleshoot alerts using commercial, open source, and locally developed monitoring tools.
- Well versed in working in an environment requiring strong Change Control processes and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience supporting a 24/7 environment.
- Strong familiarity with various entreprise storage technologies, including Deduplication Appliances.
- Experience with configuration management tools (ex. PUPPET).
- Familiarity with FibreChannel based SANS, iSCSI, and NAS Storage technologies.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the required level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.