- Use your project management skills to make your mark in a collaborative, team environment
- Receive an attractive annual salary of $120K - $150k, plus benefits!
- Take advantage of career development opportunities within our growth-oriented organization
About Bluepoint Construction Ltd.
Bluepoint Construction was started in 2014 and has grown to become a part of what is now known as Meraki Resources. Meraki is a BC-based, diversified group of companies, which offers fully comprehensive, community-oriented resource management and development solutions. Through these services, our mission is to promote and provide benefits to our customers, our partners, and their communities through meaningful, progressive relationships.
Together, along with some of the best employees in the business, we take pride in the Bluepoint brand and what it stands for, and this is truly reflected in the success of our projects. Bluepoint is also proud to be part of the Meraki Resources group of companies. We are growing to become one of the Okanagan’s premiere civil construction companies. We expertly lead a wide array of civil construction projects that includes roadbuilding, lake intakes, mass excavations, water-main pipe installation and other civil construction for subdivisions, municipalities, and airports.
Our core values make up who we are - and we are looking for people who can embody these values every day upon joining our team:
- Give a Damn - Passion. Grit. Dedication. Fun. Positivity.
- Get it Done - Stay hungry. Don’t settle. Grow and progress. Try new things. Set the standards.
- Be Real - Honesty. Trust. Humility. Accountability. Collaboration.
For more information about Bluepoint Construction Ltd., please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
Bluepoint Construction Ltd. is currently looking for a Senior Underground Utilities Project Manager to oversee and manage our various civil construction projects throughout Kelowna, B.C. on a full-time basis.
The successful candidate in this role will take on a variety of responsibilities in budgeting, securing the project, and project management.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing strategies to self-perform and outsource various aspects of the project to achieve the project's objectives of price, schedule, and quality
- Planning the sequencing of work and creating effective project schedules
- Ensuring all project safety plans are in writing and being completed in advance of the project, being industry-leading, communicated, and executed as per the plan with the required safety resources being available to the project superintendent
- Meeting with Owners and Design Professionals on a regular basis to discuss the status of projects, to determine client satisfaction, and take immediate action to respond to problems and concerns
- Establishing, monitoring, communicating, and maintaining project schedules using scheduling software
- Negotiating contracts, subcontracts, and purchase orders to ensure all project goals are being addressed
- Proactively identifying issues that could lead to problems and facilitating their solutions
- Conducting and documenting project progress meetings and participating in weekly staff meetings
- Determining and implementing the appropriate level of project control (e.g., submittal logs, change order logs, quantity tracking, etc.)
- Managing project costs to ensure budgets are being maintained, documenting and managing changes in the work to secure the interests of the entire project team
- Documenting substantial completion progress and managing the project closeout process to ensure timely completion
- Ensuring active engagement with the construction team
- Demonstrating a good understanding of technical aspects, standards, and regulations related to underground utilities projects
In order to qualify for this role, you will have 10+ years of experience as a Project Manager in the civil construction industry, and extensive knowledge of MMCD standards. You have great knowledge of underground utilities, both technically, and administratively and with proven management ability.
The following will be critical to successfully performing this role:
About the Benefits
- Expertise in cost control and budget management
- Strong emphasis on safety, with a safety-first attitude
- Proficient in project scheduling and managing timelines
- In-depth understanding of civil construction, particularly from a field perspective
- Actively engaged with the construction team, providing hands-on guidance and support
- Knowledgeable about technical aspects related to underground utilities projects
- Familiarity with relevant standards and regulations in the construction industry
- Willingness to be present in the field
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Proficient in capturing deviations, monitoring budgets, and addressing cost overruns
- Strong computer skills, including expertise in Microsoft Suite, Excel, blueprint software, AutoCAD, and Bluebeam
- Skilled in implementing and utilizing project management software, such as Microsoft Project and HeavyBid
- Possess a bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management (asset)
- Professional training such as PMP certification (asset)
As recognition for your hard work, passion, and excellence, you can look forward to a highly competitive annual salary of $120K - $150k, negotiable dependent on experience, plus the following:
- Extended health and dental benefits package
- Bonus program
- 4 weeks' vacation to start
- Company vehicle if needed
- Relocation assistance for the right candidate
- Opportunities for learning, growth, and professional development
This is your chance to really make an impact in a growing organization, that values its people and provides an environment for career development.
If you share our values and have the skills necessary to bring success to the role, then we invite you to apply today!
Administrative Construction, Mining and Trades Labour