Requisition ID: 132172
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
You are a trusted and experienced relationship manager responsible for supporting Aqueduct Foundation's strategy by delivering a best in class donor experience. Scotiatrust is the administrative agent of Aqueduct Foundation, a Canadian public foundation with donor advised funds.
You are client-centric and entrepreneurial, with a strong sense of proactivity and effective at building and maintaining deep relationships with donors as well as internal and external partners. You are a proven, highly skilled professional with expertise in Estate & Trust administration and wealth management of varying complexity.
Through an intimate understanding of donor's philanthropic goals, you are responsible for engaging Scotiabank and Scotia Wealth Management's team of experts as needed.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Relationship Management & Client Service
- Fulfil the role of lead relationship manager, acting as the central point of contact for all donor needs.
- Provide a best in class, proactive and personalized donor experience to high net worth donors and beneficiaries, exemplified by timely and accurate account administration coupled with demonstrated technical expertise, personal integrity and an ability to respond to stated and unstated donor needs and concerns.
- Build and maintain effective internal and external partnerships, with a view to providing seamless, impactful solutions across a variety of financial services disciplines.
- Build and maintain charitable partnerships to liaison between charitable entities to fulfill donors goals
2. Business Development
- Work closely with the Estate and Trust Consultants, Scotia Wealth Management partners and their clients.
3. Risk Management
- Limit corporate risk exposure by ensuring that account administration is carried out proactively and in compliance with defined policies/procedures and audit standards, including the timely escalation of issues to the appropriate internal oversight groups as required.
- Maintain expert knowledge of legislative, administrative and economic issues that impact the management of your accounts and demonstrate an ability to communicate on a broad range of legal and financial issues with donors and their advisors, with particular proficiency in estates, trusts, wills, and investment and taxation matters.
Skills Experience and Functional Competencies
1. Entrepreneurial and capable of consistently delivering a proactive best in class donor experience.
2. Effective at building and maintaining deep relationships and partnerships.
3. Proven ability to manage competing priorities without losing focus on key accountabilities
4. Strong interpersonal, verbal communication and negotiation skills and professionalism.
5. Deep understanding of the wealth management landscape and a demonstrated ability to work in an environment that demands tact, objectivity and sensitivity.
6. Strong change management skills and ability to adopt technology and reporting platform changes to support operational improvements, sales management process improvements, etc..
Education and Other Requirements
1. Professional and/or industry accreditation, in addition to a university degree.
2. Minimum of 5-7 years of directly-related experience.
3. Proven success in high net worth donor relationship management.
4. Membership or commitment to participate in CSI and/or STEP.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Business Development, Relationship Manager, Technology, Finance, Sales, Customer Service
Banking, Finance and Insurance Information Technology