Position Summary SENIOR TENANT SUPPORT WORKER Job ID: 3774 REGULAR/FULL-TIME Location: VANCOUVER, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** SENIOR TENANT SUPPORT WORKER: POSITION SUMMARY
The Senior Tenant Support Worker (TSW) position performs in conjunction with a designated Housing and Health Nurse as part of an intensive case management team to provide support, training and assistance to tenants with complex social and or health care needs and/or behavioural issues that are affecting their tenancy. The team assesses, develops and implements a service plan to address the complex needs of tenants to assist in preserving tenancies or ensuring tenants explore and obtain support services most appropriate for their needs. The Senior TSW maintains a lead role in moving tenants along the housing continuum and will act as a liaison with internal and external stakeholders to explore housing options which may include supportive housing referrals, assisted living/long term care facilities or assistance in obtaining a private market home with a rent supplement. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Completion of an advanced diploma in social sciences such as social work, health care, community mental health, or
- other relevant discipline.
- Minimum four years' experience in case management or consultation, direct supportive counselling and psychosocial
- focus program planning with diverse populations that face multiple barriers to successful housing.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
- Criminal Record Check is required
- Sound knowledge of current social issues such as poverty, homelessness, mental illness, addictions, domestic violence, child protection, etc.
- Sound knowledge of community resources and methods of access;
- Sound knowledge of assessment, planning and organizing psychosocial focus program;
- Working knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act and applicable Health and Safety regulations;
- Ability to learn and understand BC Housing programs, policies, operational structure, and social housing programs, and their role in the social service system;
- Ability to apply a high degree of discretion in establishing supportive, trusting relationships with tenants while respecting the role and obligations of property management staff according to the Residential Tenancy Act;
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external clients;
- Ability to assist groups to develop and co-ordinate community activities and programs;
- Ability to build and maintain professional, confidential relationships with multi-barriered people;
- Ability to work effectively across organizational departments and in a team and partnership context;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Strong awareness of cultural diversity
- Strong skills in crisis intervention, mediation and conflict resolution;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and basic computer systems
- Valid Class 5 BC driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
- Due to the nature of this role, a valid class 5 driver's license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Due to the nature of this role, access to a reliable vehicle will be required