SENIOR TECHNICIAN, PRODUCTION
ABOUT THE COMPANY
New β Innovation Ltd. (NBI) is a preclinical stage life sciences organization in Burnaby, BC. Leveraging on our expertise in research and development, we are transforming drug discovery into clinical applications for unmet medical needs. We have ongoing collaborations with top universities worldwide on various research projects, with distinguished achievements in the areas of oncology, neurology, ischemic and hypoxic conditions.
Our state-of-the-art GMP manufacturing facilities and laboratories in Greater Vancouver are home to a growing team of professionals who are inspired to develop advanced life-saving hemoglobin-based therapeutics for the well-being of people.
Reporting to the Manager/ Assistant Manager, Production, the incumbent will perform a variety of production activities within a commercial cGMP cleanroom environment. The incumbent will be responsible for preparing and running an efficient production process which ensures compliance to company and cGMP regulations. To be successful in this role, the incumbent must be a quick learner who works well with others, is detail oriented and can follow instructions accurately.
The incumbent will need to be flexible with their work hours and schedule, and may be required to perform shiftwork to fulfil manufacturing requirements. Pre-employment medical and medical re-examination may be required annually to fulfil regulatory requirements.
- Independently perform operation of manual and/or automated equipment including but not limited to Parts Washer, Autoclaves, IV bag filling machine, bioreactors, CIP/SIP
- Execute the validation of production process and equipment
- Employ acceptable aseptic techniques while working in controlled and classified environments, some of which require complete aseptic gowning
- Train new and junior employees on hands-on procedures, set-up and operation of equipment, and troubleshooting techniques
- Support the development, review, revision and validation of documents on production process and equipment
- Act as trouble-shooter to resolve and communicate issues related to equipment, process, and compliance to the Lead Technician
- Execute approved SOP’s and record all required information and data in Batch Record and log books timely, accurately and completely
- Participate and implement continuous improvement on processes
- Keep production areas clean and organized at all times
- Immediately report to manager any conditions or deviations (relating to plant, equipment, personnel or any health condition) that may adversely affect the products, and participate in investigation process as required
- Strictly follow all instructions relating to personal safety and hygiene to minimize contamination
- Support Technician to check and replenish production inventory and supplies in cleanroom as per manufacturing requirements
- Act as Manufacturing Subject Matter Expert to provide information and collaborate with other departments
- Monitor activities to ensure the production area, environment and equipment are properly maintained and operated
- Perform other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 3 – 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment and/ or combination of education and experience
- Post-secondary degree in a scientific discipline, or prior pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred
- Experience of aseptic techniques in a controlled and classified environment is an asset
- Prior experience with pH and conductivity testing, mixing with protocols, formulas/ recipes and experience in aseptic filling
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team
- Flexible and adaptable to changing circumstance and new challenges
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels in the organization
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Resourceful and able to problem solve
- Attention to detail and good time management
WHY JOIN NBI?
The best reason is because of our wonderful people and great work environment. If you are looking for a career with meaning and purpose, it’s hard to beat working in life sciences. We provide an attractive compensation and benefits package which recognizes people for their contributions, and comprehensive training and career development opportunities which support our employees’ growth with the company.
If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to APPLY today!