How would you like to help thousands of engineers build and ship new features each and every day for tens of millions of customers around for the world's most used shopping app? The Amazon Mobile Shopping Foundation team is seeking an exceptional Technical Program Manager who combines technical depth, unparalleled communication skills, analytical talent, and a demonstrated ability to manage complex, cross-functional programs and projects. In this role you are accountable for the overall end-to-end execution of our roadmap, seeing around corners to manage dependencies, diving deep with engineers across the company, and regularly communicating with stakeholders and senior leaders. You will work closely with software development managers, TPMs, and senior managers to collect business and systems requirements, writing specifications, drive project schedules from design to release, and manage the production launch of critical features and programs. You will ensure business and technical leaders are aligned and you will drive mindful discussions that lead to crisp decisions. You demonstrate exceptional judgment in making appropriate tradeoffs, how and when to escalate, and identifying and mitigating risks before they become blockers. You clearly and succinctly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current mobile technologies. You understand technical program management and engineering best practices and you use that knowledge to dive deep and improve processes. You must be able to thrive and succeed in a dynamic environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications and project plans, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Hires and develops great people
• Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Strong results orientation
• Thinks bigBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field
• 5+ years of experience in managing large scale and cross functional projects
• Experience in communicating with a wide range of partners
• Experience working with globally diverse teams
• Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving
• Proven track record of deliveryPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Deep experience with mobile application development
• Experience developing high quality, large scale consumer applications
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies is a bonus.
• Passion for mobile development. We would love to hear about apps you've developed.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Management and Executive