Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work - it's not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we've been named one of BC's Top 50 Employers
for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it's great to be part of the team:
Why our Kamloops office rocks
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with subsidized onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
The City of Kamloops offers a relaxed lifestyle with an abundance of recreational opportunities and a close-knit community of welcoming people. It has been home to the BCLC head office since 1985 and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Free gym
- Free parking and easy access to transit
- Close proximity to parks, trails and other recreation amenities
Reporting to the Product Owner, Employee Experience, the Senior Technical Analyst is responsible for delivering a wide range of IT technologies, support services and solutions to meet strategic and operational needs of the organization. This role will maintain enterprise-wide relationships with internal customers, provide exceptional customer service, identify opportunities to apply technology innovation to improve operational processes, enhance collaboration, maximize productivity and improve overall cost effectiveness. Key Accountabilities:
• Responsible for all aspects of BCLC's desktop technology support through completion of internal customer service requests, incident management, event escalation, asset management, ongoing security updates, systems upgrades, performance reporting and customer training. Technology scope includes personal computing, printers, mobile devices, remote desktop access, video conferencing, audio visual and unified communications support, and collaboration tools.
• Provides technology consulting expertise to the organization, driving opportunities for workforce automation and collaboration to improve processes, productivity and meet new business needs.
• Manages and leads projects such as: the installation and support of infrastructure and platform upgrades, and works independently in a team environment, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ensures infrastructure solutions meet the business strategic and operational objectives and are compliant with the BCLC technical architecture plan.
• Analyzes and resolves system issues, working with vendors where required to effect problem resolution in a timely manner, escalating where necessary.
• Proactively develops, maintains, and manages strong working relationships with a consistent group of internal contacts such as customers, peers, supervisors, and managers.
• Contributes to the overall effectiveness of the team through ongoing personal development and strong peer relationships and mentoring.
• Maximizes revenue generation by ensuring a high degree of desktop technology availability, continuity planning, risk mitigation, effective service management and ongoing pursuit of cost reduction.
• Plans, tests, and ensures compliance and integration of the implementation of software and hardware solutions, and projects with internal stakeholders.
• Assists with the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures and standards pertaining to desktop and collaboration technologies.
• Participates in strategic relationships with other industry peers to facilitate information exchange and partnering. Minimum Required Qualifications: Education and Experience
• Degree or diploma in a related discipline such as information technology, supplemented by industry recognized professional courses.
• 3-5 years recent, related experience in a technology environment;
• ITIL Foundations with a strong understanding of the ITIL framework and/or project management certification is an asset.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Technical Requirements
• Excellent knowledge of Windows based desktop environments, operating systems and applications.
• Strong knowledge of the following technologies: Microsoft O365 (Teams, SharePoint, Exchange, Office 365, OneDrive, etc), remote access technologies including Citrix, Cisco and Bomgar; unified communications technologies and VOIP systems; mobile communications; printing and print queues; AV systems and video conferencing and collaboration.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong and trusting relationships with managers, employees and peers providing excellent customer service;
• Believes in continuous improvement and driven to question and improve processes, systems and practices as appropriate;
• Strong strategic thinking skills - ability to find innovative yet practical strategies to achieve goals, and anticipating needs and future opportunities;
• Excellent organizational and planning skills with a strong attention to detail; project management skills and meets tight timeframes and commitments and is accountable for results;
• Demonstrates a willingness to learn and train with new technologies, adapt to new market conditions and consumer/customer demands across all lines of business;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
• Strong computer skills - MS office suite;
• Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills;
• Strong business acumen with a results oriented focus. Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established. Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada