Ministry of Water, Land and Resource Stewardship
We currently have a temporary opportunity available until February 2024 which may be extended or become permanent. Senior Technical Analyst
$75,552.53 - $86,175.83 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
British Columbia's Natural Resource Ministries (NRM) are the stewards of the Province's Crown land and natural resources that reflect the diverse values and interests of all British Columbians. To support economic growth while providing effective environmental stewardship, the province's NRM must transform to advance the shared management of British Columbia's natural resources.
The Senior Technical Analyst manages the acquisition, configuration, integration and maintenance of systems infrastructure and middle tier products and services required by Natural Resource Information and Digital Services. This position works to develop and establish systems infrastructure technology policies, procedures and standards and provide guidance to ministry staff, clients and vendors. This position also designs, implements and provides support for high-availability solutions for business areas with a critical requirement for systems availability.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace. Qualifications for this role include:
• Degree, diploma or certification in the computer science field or a related field. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may also be considered.
• Recent experience (in the last 5 years) with management and administration of Windows Servers and/or UNIX/Linux servers in a large application hosting environment.
• Recent experience (in the last 5 years) managing projects, developing action plans, and leading project teams in technical projects.
• Recent experience (in the last 5 years) in assessing customer requirements, developing and implementing appropriate technical solutions.
• Experience supervising and/or mentoring staff.
For more information and to apply online by February 12, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/95226 Images Additional Info
Job Type : Temporary
Location : Victoria, BC, Nanaimo, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level