MDA is a leading provider of land information solutions including land title registries and digital cadastral mapping solutions for medium to large jurisdictions. Land Administration involves the range of systems and processes that apply localized rules of land tenure. Supporting the functions of Surveying and Mapping, Land Registration, and Land Valuation, these information systems provide the foundation for stable investment, efficient government, and property tax generation.
MDA is seeking a proven System Engineer that leads the system engineering activities required to establish detailed technical baselines for our systems and drive these systems through to successful delivery and into operations. The successful candidate should have experience in all phases of a large software system and understand what it means to apply the system engineering discipline to each phase of the life-cycle.
The successful candidate has experience with high-availability systems, deployed within an enterprise client/server architecture, supporting large volumes of geospatial data, business rules, and a large workforce. The candidate is ready to join an agile, fast moving project team that makes adjustments daily to deliver on our commitments and provide the value our customer expects.Requirements (experience/skills):
As a System Engineer for Land Administration Systems, you:
- Establish and demonstrate ownership in all phases of the life-cycle for large software systems.
- Leverage practical experience of the geospatial data techniques and technologies supporting the land title registry and digital cadastral domain, including:
- Geospatial data management, reference frameworks and transformations,
- Spatial data analysis, operations and representations,
- Geodetic and cadastral tie network management and adjustment,
- Industry standards for data, formats (GIS and CAD), and OGC web services,
- Spatial database management systems,
- Safe Software's FME and ESRI's ArcGIS, both Desktop and Server
- Have strong interpersonal skills, and enjoy working extensively with clients, partners and project team members, building effective and lasting relationships.
- Conduct working sessions required to complete the detailed elaboration of the technical solution. Complete the artifacts required to establish the technical baselines that support system construction. This requires:
- Refinement and validation of the concept of operations for the system,
- Translation of the high level solution into detailed, traceable, systems requirements,
- Elaboration of workflow models, use cases, story maps and user stories,
- Elaboration and capture of the user experience design,
- Identification, definition and control of system interfaces,
- Identification of strategies related to change management and system adoption,
- Creative application of expertise in the engineering specialty disciplines of reliability, maintainability, availability, security.
- Completion of structured reviews against each technical baseline,
- Aligning technical scope with plans for system development and test,
- Collaboration with the customer regarding change control over each baseline.
- Develop our overall system engineering management approach by:
- Defining and structuring our interaction with the customer's representatives,
- Defining the structure and content of each of our engineering deliverables,
- Identifying risks followed by defining and executing mitigation strategies,
- Defining our approach to configuration management,
- Monitoring and addressing customer concerns and issues,
- Defining the required technical reviews for the engineering team,
- Preparing and updating an engineering management plan.
- Support the system as it moves through development, testing, acceptance and into operations:
- Maintaining the integrity of the design and compliance with the requirements,
- Assisting the test program as it defines how the system is tested and accepted,
- Working with the project teams to solve problems and remove roadblocks,
- Communicating with the customer as the change management needs evolve,
- Assisting the customer in accepting the system and transitioning to operations,
- Confirming the value to the business of the delivered system.
- A University degree in Engineering, Applied Science, Computer Science, or Science from an accredited institution.
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years' experience, Master's degree and 7 years' experience or PhD with 5 years' experience, or established combination of education and experience in systems engineering.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the required level.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.