MDA is rapidly expanding its Electronic Warfare systems engineering team. We are involved in a range of EW projects and opportunities. Motivated and positive minded Systems Engineers with experience developing and integrating Electronic Warfare Systems are needed to join our cross functional, multi-disciplined team. Position Description:
The Senior Systems Engineer – Electronic Warfare Systems prime responsibility will act as the technical lead for specific Electronic Warfare sub-systems. He/ she will have responsibility for system design, integration, technical quality and system capability and will be required to support the design from System Requirements Review through all design phases, Factory Acceptance Testing, Integration, Set-to-Work and final acceptance trials.
Excellent internal and external communication and leadership skills are necessary in order to work closely with the customer, with other technical teams, to obtain support from other MDA staff as needed, and to develop robust, capable and cost effective EW systems and solutions.
The successful candidate will have a blend of systems engineering discipline, EW systems knowledge and operational mission awareness to understand the customers' needs and potential options. The successful candidate will lead an engineering team, under the direction of the Chief Systems Engineer, to create technical solutions and deliver them.
- Performs the following engineering functions for highly complex systems:
- Analyzes and develops specific EW solutions to current and emerging threats.
- Supports the development and allocation of system level requirements.
- Reviews, develops and documents system level operational concepts and mission statements.
- Researches and develops system designs and architectures.
- Develops and/or analyzes target analysis and tracking algorithms.
- Models and simulates system performance and RF interference/integration into mission platform and other platform sensors
- Supports system/product integration.
- Verifies and validates system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Assists management in identifying potential new products or business opportunities and defines associated program requirements.
- Supports proposal activities, including proposal development, cost estimates and presentations to both customers and senior management as necessary.
- Produces and/or reviews technical documents, specifications and standards, including System Requirements, Interface and Design Documents.
- Develops relationships with customers and sub-contractors.
- As required, acts as group lead, responsible for scheduling and assigning work, reviewing the technical adequacy of work products, meeting cost and schedule for assigned group and for interface coordination with other groups.
- Supports the project team addressing design & integration issues.
Candidate Profile Experience and skill requirements:
Preferred experience and skills:
- 6-10 years of well-structured systems engineering experience.
- 6-10 years' experience in large Electronic Systems Development or Integration projects, preferably with Electronic Warfare Systems, and a strong understanding of project execution processes from requirements through commissioning and support.
- Proven ability to develop technical solutions within budget and schedule constraints.
- Display creativity in meeting performance requirements and established quality standards in the context of project constraints.
- Experience maintaining close working relationships with other system engineers and customer representatives.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications and customer interaction skills.
- Exceptional leadership skills, problem solving abilities and project execution strengths.
- Experience with the design and development of Electronic Warfare systems.
- Knowledge of advanced antenna technologies and performance.
- Experience with antenna performance and atmospheric RF propagation modelling.
- Understanding of Radar and Missile System employment and capabilities.
- Understanding of Radar and Laser Warning Receivers, SIGINT sensors, countermeasure systems and signal processing techniques.
- Familiar with EW hardware architectures including DRFM.
- Understanding of installation considerations including EMI/EMC, etc.
- Knowledge of COMINT is desirable.
- A University degree in Engineering, Physics or related field from an accredited institution.
- Post Graduate degree preferred.
- Canadian Secret Clearance (Active clearances are preferred).
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.