Job Description Summary
Want to be on the edge of technology and align yourself with an innovative purpose-driven organization that supports life science research? This role leads the design, build and operation of mission-critical cloud-based systems and tools for STEMCELL's staff & customers.
We are looking for a subject matter expert with cloud or infrastructure technologies, and will use your expertise to lead technology-powered change to empower our staff and customers. You live and breathe modern technology tools & practices, and have strong experience building secure, scalable & self-service solutions to enable your customers to meet their goals.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Lead design, implementation, development & maintenance for cloud-based solutions and services supporting STEMCELL's staff and customers
- Embed into corporate technology and project teams as a technical expert to identify requirements, advise on design, and oversee development of new systems or applications
- Lead creation of engineering best-practices and standards. Champion the discovery and adoption of new methods and technologies
- Lead resolution of complex multi-system issues, including outages with substantial business impact
- Take ownership for continuous improvement, identifying opportunities for automation and prevention future issues
- Mentor and coach new and existing team members to elevate their technical skills
- 6+ years of experience in a systems engineering or DevOps role including demonstrated experience building and running one or more large-scale web applications
- AWS Professional or AWS DevOps Engineer Hashicorp Certified Terraform Associate Professional designation for any role-specific technology (i.e. Cisco)
- Experience with leading the architecture and design of business solution, using AWS and Terraform
- In-depth knowledge and experience building and operating cloud-based mission critical applications and services at an enterprise-scale
- Proficient experience working with automation or infrastructure-as-code technologies (Terraform Cloud, Python, CloudFormation, CodePipeline, Build, Deploy, Github)
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.