We are growing our group and are looking for a bright and capable Senior System Administrator to join our team of IT professionals working in the Surveillance and Intelligence sector. This will be an exciting opportunity to showcase and develop your knowledge and expertise with a wide variety of technologies and products. Successfully supporting our corporate users will involve broad technical skills, a customer service frame of mind, solid self-management skills, and the professional attitude required to work within large teams and across departments. Our systems include an Enterprise class SAN and a variety of engineering systems and business applications, including File Services, Database and Web services, Enterprise level backup systems, and financial services hosted on a number of operating systems, including Linux. Primary Activities
As a Senior System Administrator in our Richmond, BC office (Vancouver Lower Mainland), you will have the opportunity to leverage your experience and support our UNIX, Storage and Backups infrastructure. Your responsibilities will include working individually and with teams both within IT and across the company, including multiple geographical locations, to:
- Architect, manage and coordinate solutions for site based projects in both physical and virtual environments.
- Configure, deploy and administer Linux based network distributed development and production environments.
- Act as a point of contact for project related computing support.
- Produce configuration and maintenance documentation, and provide training as required.
- Support and assist with integration of a variety of leading-edge Software Development and Engineering Tools.
- Administer Storage Infrastructure.
- Manage server room infrastructure, including power and cabling.
- Ability to work both individually and in teams, in a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
- Technology diploma/degree from an accredited institution and 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience.
- At least 5 years related experience in a multi-platform, multi-vendor environment.
- Evidence of continuing education relating to support tools for different environments.
- High capacity for learning new technologies.
- A team oriented approach to solving technical problems.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize, track and manage issues to completion.
- The ability to define courses of action while keeping stakeholders informed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of desktop applications (Visio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge and experience in configuring Linux systems (SUSE/RedHat/SuSE/OpenSuSE Leap/CentOS/Ubuntu).
- Strong understanding of networking and distributed computing environment concepts.
- Experience with EMC Storage (VNX2/RecoverPoint) or other enterprise storage systems.
- Familiar with fundamentals of IT security, hardening practices, and security management tools.
- System failure analysis and recovery. Ensuring system consistency and integrity.
- Experience in scripting and command line tools in UNIX and Linux using administrative languages such as Perl and Shell scripting.
- Monitor performance and troubleshoot alerts using commercial, open source, and locally developed monitoring tools.
- Well versed in working in an environment requiring strong Change Control processes and procedures.
- Familiarity with VMware/ESXi or other virtual environments would be an asset.
- Familiarity with Jira, Wiki, Confluence and Puppet applications.
- Familiarity with Kubernates, OpenStack and Docker.
Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
- Some knowledge of software configuration management tools (Git, ClearCase, Subversion, etc.).
- Certifications in RedHat, VMWare, and Security would be an asset.
Posted: November 19, 2017
Closes:January 18, 2018