Senior Systems Administrator, Integration
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology Overview:
BCLC's two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Joining the Business Technology team at BCLC means you'll be working with cutting-edge technology to help build a world-class entertainment company. This is an engaged, innovative, capable group of talented individuals working in digital enablement, product delivery services, technology platform enablement, enterprise services, integrity and operations. This enables us to execute the purchase and validation of lottery tickets at over 3500 lottery retailers, manage a complex network of 12,000 slot machines and electronic table games across the province and provide the backbone for BCLC's eGaming platform, and much more.
We have offices in Kamloops and Vancouver and can also support 100% remote (from within British Columbia) for this position. Job Summary:
The Senior Systems Administrator delivers professional technical services for eGaming Applications. This role acts as a technical expert working with Product Owners, Agile Product Teams, QA Analysts, and Developers as well as with third party vendors. Using a deep understanding of enterprise system solutions and the latest technical know-how, the system administrator works towards enabling effective integration of various applications into a unified platform. How You Will Do It:
What You Bring:
- By supporting PlayNow In all production and non-production environments.
- By escalating to vendors and internal stakeholders when necessary.
- Using scripting and programing languages to solve problems and fix at source.
- By becoming a subject matter expert in the planning, design, deployment, configuration, incidents, and on-going maintenance of new applications in production and non-production environments.
- By identifying automation opportunities and implementing them to enhance eGaming deliveries and maintenance.
- By proactively researching, recommending, and applying the latest technology and industry best practices and standards.
- By being supported by a diverse, tight knit team of great people who work well and have fun together, and support the learning and development of each team member.
Tools and Technology You Will Work With:
- A university degree in a relevant discipline or a two-year college diploma supplemented by industry recognized IT certifications.
- 3-5 years experience supporting multi-tier applications in a production environment.
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking.
A combination of education and/or experience in the following will be considered:
- Linux/UNIX based O/S & command line; Red Hat Linux is a bonus.
- Automation/configuration management using Ansible & Jenkins or equivalent.
- Implementation of network and server security controls to industry best practice.
- Load balancer techniques and configuration.
- Security Certificates (SSL).
- General knowledge of cloud organizations and services, AWS is preferred.
- Strong understanding of source code and artifact management and repositories (Git/Bitbucket, RPM/Yum)
- VMWare, Java, TCPIP networking and Containerization; OpenShift is a bonus.
- Adobe Experience Manager
- Agile methodologies.
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians with the primary purpose of giving back to the province.
- Operate provincial, national and "Instant Win" in partnership with over 3500 lottery retailers across the province.
- Oversee 34 casino and community gaming centres across the province.
- Provide safe, secure and legal online gambling options including sports betting, casino style games and lottery.
In the fiscal year prior to the pandemic, we gave over $1.4 billion back to the province to support healthcare, education, community groups, and much more.
To help us achieve this goal, we aim to have the healthiest players in the world by establishing a higher standard of support with evidence-based player health programs.
To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options.
Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates from outside BC.
If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/
Ready to join our team? Please Note:
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated from Covid-19 (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.