Senior Systems Administrator, Infrastructure
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology
Joining the Business Technology team at BCLC means you'll be working with cutting-edge technology to help build a world-class entertainment company. This is an engaged, innovative, capable group of talented individuals working in digital enablement, product delivery services, technology platform enablement, enterprise services, integrity and operations. This enables us to execute the purchase and validation of lottery tickets at over 3500 lottery retailers, manage a complex network of 12,000 slot machines and electronic table games across the province and provide the backbone for BCLC's eGaming platform, and much more.
We have offices in Kamloops and Vancouver and can also support 100% remote (from within British Columbia) for this position.Job Summary:
The Senior Infrastructure Administrator role delivers professional/technical solutions and services to our internal customers and ensures the security, availability, scalability and manageability of our IT systems. This role ensures the value and quality of service through application of the ITIL framework, effective design, development, support, and project execution, and continual evolution of the broad IT infrastructure at BCLC. The Senior Linux Administrator proactively develops, manages and maintains strong working relationships with various internal stakeholders, vendors, suppliers, service providers and regulatory bodies. Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Ensures infrastructure solutions meet the business strategic and operational objectives and are compliant with the BCLC technical architecture plan
- Manages and leads departmental projects and brings significant value and technical expertise to large cross-functional projects
- Liaises with multiple client stakeholders and conducts requirements analysis activities for project initiation
- Proactively mitigates risk, resolves complex technical issues and demonstrates innovative thinking by regularly making recommendations for new approaches based on best practices, continual environment monitoring, route cause analysis, tuning and capacity planning
- Develops and supports processes to maintain high levels of security and integrity through controlled and tested application of security patches and software updates
Education and Experience
- Degree or a diploma in computer science or related area;
- Relevant certifications for systems, network and security management (e.g. ITIL, RHCA, RHCE, CCNA, CISSP);
- 3-5 years recent related experience;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting ability;
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong understanding of the ITIL framework and principles;
- Proven technical leader with solid operating system administration skills;
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 & 7, including clustering / fencing, Satellite, IDM; Developing / building rpm packages; Deployment and management of cluster and standalone servers, peripherals, layered products and system management utilities; TCP/IP network and service configuration, problem identification and resolution; Automated installs (Ansible), managing software packages and compiling software from source; Implementation of network and server security controls to industry best practice; Various SAN technologies; Server blade technologies; VMware ESXi 6.x; Enterprise-class backup/recovery tools; Apache, Java, Tomcat; Web server security; Performance Analysis;
- Fluency in scripting Perl, Bash;
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities;
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry is an asset.
Must be able to work flexible hours and provide after-hours support as needed.About Us:
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians with the primary purpose of giving back to the province.
- Operate provincial, national and "Instant Win" in partnership with over 3500 lottery retailers across the province.
- Oversee 34 casino and community gaming centres across the province.
- Provide safe, secure and legal online gambling options including sports betting, casino style games and lottery.
In the fiscal year prior to the pandemic, we gave over $1.4 billion back to the province to support healthcare, education, community groups, and much more.
To help us achieve this goal, we aim to have the healthiest players in the world by establishing a higher standard of support with evidence-based player health programs.
To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community.
BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options.
Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates from outside BC.
If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: www.corporate.bclc.com.
Ready to join our team? Please Note:
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated from Covid-19 (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.