Reporting to the Manager, Supply Chain Controls, the Senior Supply Chain Analyst is responsible for driving process excellence through data driven insights, process improvement, and process management across the end-to-end supply chain process. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and executing supply chain process optimization across all shipbuilding programs. Duties/Accountabilities
Education and Experience
- Analyze supply chain processes and KPIs to identify and recommend areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders across the Supply Chain team in the execution and project management of the Supply Chain Transformation Plan and continuous improvement of supply chain business processes.
- Provide support in the planning, execution, monitoring, reporting, and closing of regular supply chain performance related reports.
- Develop PowerPoint or other presentation materials to communicate Supply Chain projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities by initiating and leading process improvements; advocates for positive change and demonstrates by doing.
- Ad-hoc analysis and projects as required to support the continuous improvement of the Supply Chain function.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Diploma or bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or Commerce.
- Minimum of 6-8 years' related work experience in one or more of the following areas: supply chain management, policy and process improvement, project management, performance management and reporting.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or supply chain designation preferred
- Shipbuilding or industrial experience is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proven track record of project management in the implementation of transformation and/or process improvement initiatives with positive results/outcomes.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and integrity locally and globally.
- Strong problem solving skills, analytical abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize work and to problem solve in an inclusive manner with internal colleagues and external parties
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Intermediate level computer skills including Microsoft Office suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Exercise sound business judgment and decision making skills in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Ability to work effectively with limited direction and function as a key team member.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Note: Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted
Construction, Mining and Trades