is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable VANCOUVER WSP
is currently seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to join our Structural Engineering Group, located at our Vancouver office. Reporting to the Senior Director, Structural Engineering, Buildings, this position, in addition to project delivery, will be tasked specifically with business development responsibilities.
The candidate is expected to have substantial experience with leading clients and architects in the property sector of the lower mainland, with a bias towards healthcare projects. In this role the candidate will collaborate closely with other WSP business development leaders within BC, throughout Canada and as required, with the dedicated global WSP Healthcare Steering Committee to ensure delivery of cutting edge healthcare trends and latest technologies. Projects are to be delivered through the use of advanced design software and finite element modelling tools and the candidate will be responsible for working with a multi-disciplinary team to take innovative design solutions from proposals through to constructed projects for clients in a wide variety of sectors. RESPONSIBILITIES
• Senior project engineer to win, manage and deliver high quality and industry leading projects
• Lead the WSP Structures healthcare sector in BC, Canada
• Liaise with WSP healthcare and business development leaders in BC, across Canada and the globe, to win work, and deliver market leading design
• Be responsible to mentor and develop younger engineers to broaden the expertise in healthcare design
• Perform engineering calculations and assessments for various structures, and demonstrate market leading technical ability, with strong seismic ability
• Perform such calculations employing WSP's approach to computational design and BIM technologies to ensure efficiency in design
• Lead, manage and coordinate projects with clients, architects and other disciplines as necessary
• Respond to client requests
• Write technical reports
• Oversee preparation of detail drawings, sections and standard details, and ensure quality adherence
• Occasional travel within Canada as required for business development, projects and market intelligence
• Other duties as assigned/required QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Structural Engineering
• Registered Professional Engineer in BC, Canada
• Over 10 years' experience in Structural Engineering
• Demonstrated track record in design and delivery of industry leading projects, with particular focus on healthcare
• Finite element design skills, with specific strength in the following software - Etabs and SAP2000
• Thorough familiarity with all latest applicable codes and standards
• Design experience in a variety of market sectors in addition to healthcare, including institutional, commercial, transportation and light industrial
• Display a value adding attitude through dynamic, innovative and disruptive thinking within a solution driven environment.
• Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent organisational and technical writing skills WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Construction, Mining and Trades