From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won't find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you're looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be. The opportunity
As an Assurance Manager, you will be a professional member of our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, you will be part of the team that delivers quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders. Your key responsibilities
As an Assurance Senior, you will help finance leaders address the strategic accounting challenges and ongoing changes facing their business, and manage the resulting repercussions on the accounting and finance function. You will help them achieve their potential in acquisitions, divestitures, optimization/restructuring or accounting standards convergence. Skills and attributes for success
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management throughout the year.
• Establish expectations of value to be delivered.
• Participate in performing Canadian GAAP and IFRS analysis procedures, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized issues.
• Create reports and other deliverables.
• Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments.
• Stay informed of general business/economic developments and their impact to the client.
• Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team.
• Delegate work successfully.
• Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/training. Lead by example.
• Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
• Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills. Maintain cooperative relationships with other engagement teams.
• Monitor the engagement team's progress against the plan and alter it when needed.
• Generate new business opportunities.
• Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to apply knowledge and services.
• Develop long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally. To
qualify for the role you must have
• A degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major and a minimum of 3-5 years' relevant experience along with CPA, CA designation
• Audit or business experience in financial statement close or the application of accounting standards
• Demonstrate mastery of key concepts and principles related to process improvements, project management and change management; show an ability to apply these consistently in engagement settings
• Impeccable client relationship skills
• A dedication to teamwork and leadership
• Good communication skills, with proficiency in English Ideally, you'll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance