Senior Specialist, Social Media (FT, Perm)
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Job Function: Sales and Marketing Overview:
BCLC's two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Joining the Social Purpose & Player Experience division at BCLC means you'll be working with a dedicated group of talented professionals in Communications, Community & Stakeholder Engagement, Public Affairs, Player Health, Customer Support Operations, Business Intelligence, Marketing, CRM and Loyalty and Player Experience. As a Crown Corporation that earns more than a billion dollars in annual profit, BCLC's commitment to giving funds back to the province is an integral part of our business, but still only one piece of a bigger picture. BCLC is committed to creating a welcoming workplace where everyone feels safe, included, and valued. For us, that means building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We all are winners when differences are respected, valued and celebrated.
At BCLC, we exist to generate win-wins for the greater good. We believe everything we do must benefit the well-being of all involved. Through our Social Purpose, we aspire to make sure, in all of our endeavours, transactions and relationships - in the most important sense of life, livelihood, meaning, and well-being - nobody loses, and every person we touch comes out ahead.
Social Purpose is the driving force of our business, our opportunity to create a better world through innovation, engagement, and connection. BCLC aims to provide something unique that not only fills a need, but provides value to the province. Join the team responsible for telling our story, building stakeholder relationships, connecting with communities, and achieving our strategic vision for player-centred sustainable growth. Job Summary:
The Senior Social Media Specialist is responsible for ensuring alignment and execution between BCLC's goals/objectives and its social strategies that focus on our business-to-business partners across North America. They ensure that campaigns and projects are executed with social strategies that are developed with an enterprise approach working closely with marketing & CRM capabilities. They will take ownership of our B2B social channels and have a succinct communication flow as a cohesive brand to increase consumer awareness and drive traffic to our digital sites. This role requires an understanding of marketing, communication, advertising, and data analysis. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Develops and executes social media strategies for various B2B stakeholders to support objectives, maximizing Playnow's social media presence across a variety of social media platforms. Navigates complex situations to put forward recommendations and plans that support our B2B partner goals and objectives and align with stakeholder expectations.
- The Senior Specialist works within a cross functional marketing agile B2B team to collaborate on campaigns which efforts drive toward our stakeholder's goals and objectives.
- The Senior Specialist will be responsible for managing budget, scope, cost, quality, personnel, stakeholder communication and project prioritization within the social space.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders, and proactively contributes social insights around community sentiment, engagement and public perception to help drive activities to further Playnow's reputation.
- Executes crisis management processes for the social media team, set out by the manager. Working closely with the Media and Issues management team, and B2B partners aligns on messaging and responses in social media channels.
- Responsible for social communities budgeting, content planning, content development, scheduling, posting, monitoring, and listening. Identifies opportunities to improve social media activity,
- Acts as the social subject matter expert (SME) for our B2B partners & stakeholders and actively makes recommendations and supports their efforts in the social media space.
- Develops reporting and provides insights based on the goals and objectives established by Social Media Manager. Proactively and regularly, communicates results to key stakeholders. Actively tests and analyzes social media initiatives to maximize performance, community engagement and brand reputation, and ensure the success of social media activity.
- Provides input on annual operating budgets business units' social media activity, identifying appropriate investment for content creation and for content amplification.
- Develops relationships with internal and external stakeholders and regulatory bodies to ensure successful execution of social media and content marketing initiatives.
- Fosters a creative, innovative, and results-oriented environment, implementing best practices and staying on top of industry trends and emerging techniques. Provides support and guidance for the social media specialists and department co-op.
Education and Experience
- A university degree in a related discipline such as communications, journalism or marketing.
- 4-6 years of related experience;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proven results and demonstrated expertise in social media and marketing;
- Proficiency in the principles, concepts, practices, techniques and tools in the areas of
- Communications, public relations, media relations, issues management, and program management;
- Sound judgement, the ability to navigate challenging situations, and expertise in providing solutions to complex and sensitive issues;
- Superior written and oral communication skills;
- Proactive, responsive, and solutions-oriented, able to handle a wide variety of sensitive and complex situations, while supporting others;
- Proven leadership, teamwork, collaboration and interpersonal skills;
- Understanding of agile methodologies and processes
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Proficiency with social media and web analytics tools (i.e. Social Studio, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Google Analytics, and Synthesio);
- Understanding of Digital Marketing, SEO, CRM and Customer Support Center capabilities and activities
- Skilled and proficient in Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere Pro (or Final Cut Pro);
- Understanding of government, crown corporation environments, and the B.C. and Canadian gaming industry is an asset.
- Effective November 22, 2021, BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to email@example.com.
- For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
Sales and Marketing