Senior Specialist, Product
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Job Function: Sales and Marketing Overview:
BCLC's two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Our Operations Division manages both provincial & national lottery games as well as instant lotteries through over 3000 retail partners across the province. We provide the gaming technology and set standards, policies & procedures across 37 casino properties in BC, ensuring a high standard of security and integrity.
We also provide online gambling through Playnow.com and our Lotto app including lottery, sports betting, Bingo, Keno, online slots or online casino games and Live Dealer table games where players can choose the online version of their favorite games while connecting with others across the province. Our Operations group is what makes it all happen, through day to day operations, project improvements, sales management, facilities, business intelligence and innovation.
This team of passionate professionals with a diverse array of backgrounds is directly accountable for earning revenue for the province. They work together as one group to ensure clear direction for BCLC's priorities across all our lines of business, ensuring a high degree of player experience and entertainment in each of the games we offer.
As a Crown Corporation that earns more than a billion dollars in annual revenue, BCLC's commitment to giving funds back to the province is an integral part of our business, but still only one piece of the picture. At BCLC, we exist to generate win-wins for the greater good. We believe everything we do must benefit the well-being of all involved. Through our Social Purpose we aspire to make sure, in all of our endeavours and transactions and relationships nobody loses, and every person we touch comes out ahead. BCLC is committed to creating a welcoming workplace where everyone feels safe, included, and valued. For us, that means building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We all are winners when differences are respected, valued and celebrated. Job Summary:
The Senior Product Specialist develops the strategy for a product line within the Casino "bricks and mortar" product category by excelling in player and product understanding, sharing expert insights and data analytics from vendors, department members, cross-functional teams, and industry professionals. This role brings product strategies to life through developing plans and leading teams to complete specific initiatives to deliver highly entertaining product experiences to ensure player engagement while maximizing revenues with integrity and social purpose. Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Develops diverse, multifaceted, and specialized product strategies to determine the direction for investment including forecasting and management of large capital and direct expense budgets to support strategies.
- Responsible for all product line planning, including the development of product release roadmaps and prioritizing initiatives by weighing player benefits against enterprise alignment, cost, and time of delivery.
- Makes key strategic decisions on the player-product experience, including pricing, configuration, immersive packaging, and placement to meet specific player, property, and stakeholder needs.
- Maintains and applies strong knowledge of product and player preferences by collaborating with vendors, business intelligence, and operations teams to uncover new insights and recognize opportunities for new product direction.
- Creates business cases to gain alignment and support for strategic product investments while advocating for product excellence for our players.
- Presents ideas and strategies to the leadership team to socialize acceptance, garner feedback, and adjust product strategies where needed.
- Leads and guides cross-functional teams by helping them understand the product strategy, deliver on product initiatives while promoting high team performance, and proactively resolve complex challenges by encouraging new approaches for more effective delivery of player-focused products.
- Establishes and nurtures partnerships with vendors and service providers to leverage best approaches for product delivery to players, and positions BCLC for long-term success through leveraging relationships and negotiating for mutual value.
- A degree in a business discipline such as business administration or marketing;
- 4-6 years related progressive experience in product management (preference to product management within the gaming industry);
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Advanced knowledge of principles, concepts, practices, techniques and tools in the areas of product management and product strategies;
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to act as a change agent to champion the continuous improvement of product offerings;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex business situations, develop solutions, evaluate outcomes, and readjust solutions for improvement;
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Proven ability to deal with sensitive matters with a high degree of diplomacy, tact and confidentiality;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
- Ability to influence or gain acceptance of others through written and oral communication methods, including presentations;
- Strong computer skills - MS office suite;
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry is an asset.
- Effective November 22, 2021, BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQAI+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
Sales and Marketing