Senior Specialist, Marketing Planning (FT, Perm)
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Job Function: Sales and Marketing Overview:
BCLC's two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Joining the Social Purpose & Player Experience division at BCLC means you'll be working with a dedicated group of talented professionals in Communications, Community & Stakeholder Engagement, Public Affairs, Player Health, Customer Support Operations, Business Intelligence, Marketing, CRM and Loyalty and Player Experience. As a Crown Corporation that earns more than a billion dollars in annual profit, BCLC's commitment to giving funds back to the province is an integral part of our business, but still only one piece of a bigger picture. BCLC is committed to creating a welcoming workplace where everyone feels safe, included, and valued. For us, that means building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We all are winners when differences are respected, valued and celebrated.
At BCLC, we exist to generate win-wins for the greater good. We believe everything we do must benefit the well-being of all involved. Through our Social Purpose, we aspire to make sure, in all of our endeavours, transactions and relationships - in the most important sense of life, livelihood, meaning, and well-being - nobody loses, and every person we touch comes out ahead.
Social Purpose is the driving force of our business, our opportunity to create a better world through innovation, engagement, and connection. BCLC aims to provide something unique that not only fills a need, but provides value to the province. Join the team responsible for telling our story, building stakeholder relationships, connecting with communities, and achieving our strategic vision for player-centred sustainable growth. Job Summary:
As the main marketing point of contact for the client, the Senior Specialist, Marketing Planning leads the development of marketing plans and strategies by communicating the client vision and collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure projects are delivered to client vision and expectations, on time and on budget. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Acts as the main marketing point of contact with client group, leading the development of marketing plans and strategies. Understands client's needs, target audience and communicates that vision to marketing cross-functional team. Collaborates with marketing cross-functional team to develop marketing proposal, ensuring project is delivered on time and is consistent with client's vision/brand.
- Works with client groups and broader planning team to define the marketing roadmap for the client within an enterprise context. Actively manages the roadmap and workflow/intake, prioritizing projects based on business value and with an enterprise view. Consults with marketing teams to ensure resources are available to support projects.
- Collaborates with the player experience team, communicating the player experience strategy & vision to marketing cross-functional team and using a player experience lens to support prioritization of marketing projects.
- Analyzes effectiveness of marketing projects/campaigns and reports results to client, internal stakeholders and marketing teams. Makes recommendations to client for future projects/ campaigns.
- Reports to stakeholders on the progress and status of marketing team deliverables. Proactively identifies risks and opportunities and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Negotiates with leaders and other stakeholders to remove any impediments, issues and/or blockers to the broader marketing teams' ability to deliver on prioritized work.
- Contributes to the development of enterprise marketing plans and business cases for new business opportunities.
Education and Experience
- A degree or diploma in related discipline such as business, marketing or communications
- 4-6 years relevant experience, including the following:
- Marketing strategy & planning and the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans and large-scale marketing campaigns;
- Account management or work requiring collaboration among a broad range of stakeholders.
- Solid knowledge of principles, concepts, practices, techniques and tools in the areas of marketing and advertising;
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics;
- Strong marketing communications skills and ability to deliver integrated marketing campaigns;
- Proven leadership and/or teamwork skills with the ability to work cross-functionally and build support within the marketing team and among other stakeholders across BCLC in order to deliver on business needs;
- Strong business acumen with a results oriented focus;
- Excellent innovation in problem solving and demonstrated analytical thinking;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task with close attention to detail;
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite);
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry would be an asset.
- Effective November 22, 2021, BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to email@example.com.
- For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
Sales and Marketing