Senior Specialist, Content Marketing (FT, Perm)
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Job Function: Sales and Marketing Overview:
BCLC's two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Joining the Social Purpose & Player Experience division at BCLC means you'll be working with a dedicated group of talented professionals in Communications, Community & Stakeholder Engagement, Public Affairs, Player Health, Customer Support Operations, Business Intelligence, Marketing, CRM and Loyalty and Player Experience. As a Crown Corporation that earns more than a billion dollars in annual profit, BCLC's commitment to giving funds back to the province is an integral part of our business, but still only one piece of a bigger picture. BCLC is committed to creating a welcoming workplace where everyone feels safe, included, and valued. For us, that means building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We all are winners when differences are respected, valued and celebrated.
At BCLC, we exist to generate win-wins for the greater good. We believe everything we do must benefit the well-being of all involved. Through our Social Purpose, we aspire to make sure, in all of our endeavours, transactions and relationships - in the most important sense of life, livelihood, meaning, and well-being - nobody loses, and every person we touch comes out ahead.
Social Purpose is the driving force of our business, our opportunity to create a better world through innovation, engagement, and connection. BCLC aims to provide something unique that not only fills a need, but provides value to the province. Join the team responsible for telling our story, building stakeholder relationships, connecting with communities, and achieving our strategic vision for player-centred sustainable growth. Job Summary:
The Senior Specialist, Content Marketing contributes to the development of an Enterprise Content Marketing strategy for BCLC, translating brand and product strategies into informative copy and marketing content that educates players about BCLC's suite of products. This role supports the Content Marketing Manager in the development of content management processes and organizational workflows, informally leading and developing a team of content specialist to collaborate, ideate and develop cross-functional content opportunities and enterprise messaging that support BCLC's overarching business, marketing and player strategies. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Takes an editorial approach to contribute to the development an Enterprise Content Marketing strategy for BCLC and it's suite of products to support overarching business, marketing and player strategy objectives.
- Supports the Content Marketing Manager in leading team meetings, ideation sessions as well as the development of content management processes and organizational workflows.
- Collaborates, ideates and supports the Content team to develop cross-functional content opportunities, prioritization and enterprise messaging.
- Provides copywriting leadership, support and expertise across content touchpoints, translating brand and product strategies into informative copy and content that educates players about BCLC and it's suite of products.
- Develops editorial governance for the Content Marketing team in collaboration with the Brand & Advertising team, so content is consistent with the brand voice, style and tone.
- Manages the creation of content for assigned portfolio to maximize player relevance and engagement across a multitude of online and offline touchpoints, including web, digital signage and POS in bricks and mortar.
- Ensures marketing content within owned communications channels aligns with the overall Player Experience strategy. Liaises with User Experience (UX), Brand and Advertising and Player Experience to create and manage landing pages on BCLC's websites to support various player experiences.
- Develops and executes content marketing strategies (ensuring content reinforces brand positioning, is executed within budget, and delivers against objectives), analyses effectiveness and manages projects, content marketing requirements and deliverables, meeting deadlines and providing accurate and timely communication with stakeholders and develops recommendations.
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking the Content Marketing budget, delivering content marketing programs on budget and providing regular updates on spend variance and program budget changes.
- Drives key content marketing insights, best practices in relation to the corporate and player strategy and reports on content effectiveness, to develop new ways to optimize and test for future campaigns. Establishes core KPI's to share with the broader marketing team.
- Proactively builds, develops, and maintains strong working relationships with internal departments, business partners, suppliers, regulatory and government bodies.
- Provides on-going coaching to the Content Marketing team on all content marketing and copywriting related matters. Informally supports team members in their development and growth.
Education and Experience
- Degree or diploma in a marketing or business discipline;
- 4-6 years experience in content marketing, digital marketing, advertising agency, or a related discipline;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Solid knowledge of principles, concepts, practices, techniques and tools in the areas of content marketing, content creation and program management;
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics;
- Solid knowledge of content marketing and brand storytelling across multiple mediums;
- Strong copywriting skills - technical and/or editorial
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans;
- Strong marketing communications skills and ability to deliver integrated marketing campaigns;
- Excellent innovation in problem solving and demonstrated analytical thinking;
- Proven leadership and/or teamwork skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task with close attention to detail;
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite);
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry would be an asset.
- Effective November 22, 2021, BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to email@example.com.
- For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
Sales and Marketing