MDA is a global communications and information solutions company serving commercial and government customers worldwide. MDA's established global customer base is served by more than 4,800 employees operating from 11 locations in the United States, Canada, and internationally. MDA's Surveillance and Intelligence unit provides innovative enterprise-level software solutions that are tailored to meet our customer's business or mission objectives, focusing on streamlining and automating business processes that handle large volumes of complex geospatial data. These solutions enable business capabilities that may span from online services to order handling, backend value-add processing and decision automation, information product generation, knowledge management, content management, business intelligence, billing and accounting.
MDA is seeking a Senior Solution Engineer - Enterprise Geospatial Software Systems
that is primarily accountable for the creation and ownership of internationally competitive solutions with a focus on supporting pre-contract business development activities. The successful candidate is able to build relationships with new customers, learn their business operations and domain, and lead the collaborative formation of innovative enterprise-level solutions based on advanced information systems technology to meet their business goals. These diverging concerns are brought together in a structured manner to determine the best solution that satisfies the business needs and delivers the greatest value.
The successful candidate will lead the overall solutioning for MDA, spending significant time understanding our customer, working closely with their experts, and translating their needs into the winning business and technical solution.
As a Senior Solution Engineer for Enterprise Geospatial Software Systems, you:
- Are conceptual and strategic thinker operating in the total solution space with experience in the many aspects of enterprise wide software systems
- Enjoy working extensively with our clients and partners by:
- Communicating, in an open and genuine manner, building trust and mutual respect,
- Valuing the lasting relationships required to successfully elicit business needs,
- Leading multi-disciplinary working groups, facilitating solution development,
- Promoting feedback and review required to determine the best solution.
- Understand that any "total solution" must address multiple aspects of the business and the needs of many stakeholders each operating within an evolving business
- Operate at the business level with the energy and drive necessary to understand the current context and situation before establishing and refining the needs and solution
- Deploy a structured methodology to determine the best solution and have practical experience in any combination of the following:
- BABOK, BIZBOK, BTM2, Lean Six Sigma.
- Have experience with a range of techniques used to model and communicate how a business operates today and in the future. This includes:
- Business architecture, business design, business process re-engineering,
- Information modeling, knowledge management and decision modeling.
- Have broad experience in defining and developing solutions for systems utilizing geospatial data.
- Synthesize innovative solutions and frameworks, adaptable to many customers
- Lead "proof of concept", feasibility, make versus buy or trade-off studies
- Understand constraints placed on solutions and adapt accordingly
- Align and trace the candidate solution to the wider business objectives and targeted value
- Support the development of the business case required for investment; promote and defend the value associated with the selected solution
- Support sales and business development, proposal development, cost estimation and contribute to shaping our programmatic solutions:
- Define, plan and track all of the activities required to complete solution definition
- Lead the elaboration of the selected solution into technical requirements and enterprise architecture:
- Develop, review and control technical baselines,
- Lead and direct a team of supporting engineers.
Education and Experience
- Lead the formation of downstream project teams and any post-award transition
- Coach and mentor team members on-the-job and as they progress in their careers
- Continuously develop professionally as a solution engineer
- A University degree in Engineering or Science from an accredited institution
- Bachelor's degree and 15 years' experience, Master's degree and 10 years' experience or PhD with 8 years' experience, or established combination of education and experience in solutioning
- Significant diversity in experience with advanced information systems and technology
- 5+ years' experience in enterprise level software solution definition
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer