Please review the job details below.
MDA is a global communications and information solutions company serving commercial and government customers worldwide.
MDA's airborne surveillance missions use both manned and unmanned aircraft to deliver timely actionable information which seamlessly integrate into broader ISR architectures.Position Description:
MDA is seeking a Solution Engineer that supports development activities by leading the creation of novel technical solutions for precision navigation and timing systems operating in a hostile electromagnetic environment. The successful candidate should have practical experience defining and delivering solutions to difficult operational and technical problems which includes being comfortable working in environments where there are more uncertainties than certainties.
The successful candidate will be a trusted subject matter expert, with the right blend of technical knowledge, systems engineering discipline, and operational experience to understand customer needs and potential options. The candidate will help write our winning proposals, lead the underpinning technical solutions, and be MDA's technical interface to our partners.
This position will be based in either Richmond, BC or Ottawa, ON and require international travel.Requirements:
As a Solution Engineer for the Defence Line of Business, you:
Education and Experience
- Are a conceptual and strategic thinker, operating in the total solution space, with significant experience in navigation systems development.
- Have significant experience in the development of airborne or space-borne navigation systems including: global positioning system, inertial navigation systems, and the latest technical advances.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, and enjoy working extensively with clients and partners to build effective and lasting relationships.
- Are proficient in conducting System Engineering activities for medium and large programs.
- Have significant experience defining winning technical solutions and authoring proposals:
- Developing cost estimates for technical solutions;
- Balancing scope, schedule, budget and resources on assignments, and incorporating these constraints in the solutions; and
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- A lifelong learner who is constantly striving to develop professionally and teach/mentor others.
- A University degree in Engineering or science from an accredited institution, with graduate education preferred.
- Minimum 10 years' experience working in a systems engineering environment with progressive levels of seniority.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Secret Clearance (Active clearances are preferred).
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.