Senior Software Engineer, Tableau Public
Reference ID: 19132
Software and Programming
What you'll be doing…
The tableau public team builds services that bring the power of tableau to the
web for free! Tableau Public is a platform for finding, sharing and conversing
about data-derived insights with the world. Tableau Public has over 130K
authors, over 15K visualizations published every month and over 8M views per
week. We are passionate about and enjoy optimizing systems for speed,
reliability and scale. We strive to build easy to use, beautiful, well-
structured products that delight our customers. A passion for finding
innovative, end-to-end engineering solutions to complex problems is in the DNA
of the team and we are looking for a senior full stack software engineer who
shares these passions.
Your first project will be to help the public team build features that will
enable our customers tell insightful stories with data. Maintainability,
performance and scale are of huge importance to these features. Our backend
code is written in Java and the frontend is being written on Typescript using
the React JS library. We have a need today for a senior engineer with deep
experience and interest in working on backend code but is not afraid to dabble
with some frontend code from time to time.
Who you are …
• Relentlessly High Standards. Your personal software practices ensure you deliver high quality even under schedule pressure. You believe in automation and writing tests for your own code as a way of maintaining high quality in your products.
• Coding Rockstar. You understand what it takes to write software that is used by millions of people. You love writing things that \"just work\" \\- things that are robust, scalable, and that perform well.
• Team Player. You enjoy collaborating with, learning from, and teaching others (including across disciplines) so we all become better.
• Experienced. Strong skills and experience in at least one OO language such as Java, C#, C++. You have experience developing large-scale, always on hosted web applications.
• Motivated. You do good work, and lots of it, and not because your boss is watching…the drive to deliver is just a part of you.
• You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: October 20, 2016
Closes:November 8, 2016