168566 Position Title:
Sr Software Engineer I External Description: Senior Software Engineer - Frostbite Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry. The challenge ahead:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for Frostbite's automation pipeline. You will analyse our CI process and infrastructure for our main development streams, and re-architect for scalability and performance. We want you to create the fastest and most reliable build pipeline possible, using data analytics to monitor the overall health, performance and cost.
This is a cross-discipline role, where you get the chance to interact with many departments and partner teams, and have a big impact on the game engine development process. We are looking for a strong generalist who can quickly familiarize themselves with multiple technologies, is an excellent communicator, and a team player. Responsibilities:
- Deliver cutting edge build and test automation solutions for Frostbite's large scale software systems
- Architect scalable build systems to support current needs and growth
- Drive reduction in maintenance cost of the build farm
- Design and implement KPI collection and analysis for automation
- Learn and understand the Frostbite tools and services used by the automation system, such as data and code caching systems, automated testing frameworks, etc.
- Work with all target hardware (consoles, mobile, PC, Mac)
- Work with external partners and internal software engineers across multiple domains
- Experience leading organisations through significant paradigm shifts
- Experience working on complex/large scale build systems, ideally for a game engine or large scale application
- Experience profiling and optimisation is desirable
- Experience with distributed and/or cloud based build systems
- Experience with asynchronous, multithreaded application development is desirable
- Experience working in a multi-site collaboration environment is desirable
- Understanding of the whole CI/automation process and available tech/tools in that space
- Understanding of speed and memory considerations, and able to implement optimisations
- Knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of Perforce and Git
- Knowledge of script languages (e.g. C#, Python, Lua)
- Knowledge of build configuration
- Knowledge of Jenkins and other build management tools
- Experience with game engines and core technologies
- Experience with msbuild, make, xcode, and Visual Studio
- In-depth understanding of industry market conditions and trends
- Previous experiences in multiple engineering disciplines encompassing the complete SDLC
City: State: Remote?:
- Emphasizes practical solutions
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with a collaborative attitude
- Analytically sharp with problem-solving skills and an attention to detail
- Passionate about improving the workflow experience for the end user
1 Community / Marketing Title:
Senior Software Engineer - Frostbite (Automation) Company Profile:
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.EEOText:
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. Date Opened:
2021-09-27 09:42:38.267 EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams' careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they're taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn't end at the workplace-we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we're doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We're looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers-people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren't just keeping up-we're staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Software and Programming